News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Thinking of playing BG2 again

Started by Josquius, August 26, 2009, 11:49:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Now I just need a copy of the game!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Scipio

I am having problems with BG Tutu.  No speech during movies, no sounds during the game.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Neil

All this talk has me wanting to play the game again.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Scipio

Quote from: Scipio on September 05, 2009, 07:39:56 AM
I am having problems with BG Tutu.  No speech during movies, no sounds during the game.
Fixed.  Apparently, you can't make resolution bigger than 1024x768 without the sound wigging out.  But it's quiteplayable and forgiving at that res.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Galrion

Me too, although I never understood why just about every character was dual classed.

Josquius

Quote from: Berkut on August 31, 2009, 02:40:37 PM
I always thought that a Fighter with the Sword Saint kit that was immediately reclassed to Sorcerer would be an interesting choice for the main character.

You end up with a sword wielding mage that has pretty decent hitpoints, and the no armor is no loss, since the sword saint cannot wear it anyway.
I might just try this...with the lvl 9 mod...Very very beardy but meh, BG2 is a computer game, role playing is secondary (though it could easily be role playingly explained given the plot of BG2)
Would I end up with the wizard or fighter stronghold though? Or would there be a choice?
██████
██████
██████

saskganesh

with two classes, I think you get both actually.
humans were created in their own image

barkdreg

You'll get only one. There are mods that will change this.

Valmy

I will say this about the "canon" BG party of Minsc, Dynaheir, Imoen, Khalid, and Jahiera: unless you yourself are a thief you have NO thief skills while Imoen is dueling.  Talk about annoying.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: saskganesh on September 07, 2009, 04:32:18 PM

Nah you get the first one you take but you have the option of taking either.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Cecil

Quote from: Valmy on September 08, 2009, 10:14:16 AM
I will say this about the "canon" BG party of Minsc, Dynaheir, Imoen, Khalid, and Jahiera: unless you yourself are a thief you have NO thief skills while Imoen is dueling.  Talk about annoying.

At least if you are doing Durlags tower. ;)

saskganesh

Quote from: Valmy on September 08, 2009, 10:14:52 AM
Quote from: saskganesh on September 07, 2009, 04:32:18 PM

Nah you get the first one you take but you have the option of taking either.

I must have mods or something that changes this. :)

saskganesh

Quote from: Valmy on September 08, 2009, 10:14:16 AM

yeah, you either have to "rent a thief", dropping someone else from the party for a while to make room for the new thief. and because you have two couples in the canon, it means you have to drop two NPCs for a while (jah/khalid or minsc/dyan) for a while.

alternatively, start dualling Immy right after the Naskel mines. (she could be a level 3 thief by then, and with a good build, has enough picklocks and find traps skills). there are some  20 odd wilderness areas on the Sword Coast you can grind in, and most of them do need require a thief whatsoever. after she "breaks" then you go to to banditcamp and lock pick away.

Valmy

Quote from: saskganesh on September 10, 2009, 12:37:10 PM
yeah, you either have to "rent a thief", dropping someone else from the party for a while to make room for the new thief. and because you have two couples in the canon, it means you have to drop two NPCs for a while (jah/khalid or minsc/dyan) for a while.

alternatively, start dualling Immy right after the Naskel mines. (she could be a level 3 thief by then, and with a good build, has enough picklocks and find traps skills). there are some  20 odd wilderness areas on the Sword Coast you can grind in, and most of them do need require a thief whatsoever. after she "breaks" then you go to to banditcamp and lock pick away.

I was able to get her done with the dualing business right after we killed Davaeorn but that pretty much required me to do EVERYTHING.  I even went to Ulgoth's Beard and did the crazy mage maze.

Even then canon Imoen requres you to wait until level 7 and that is just nuts.

Josquius

Its easy to drop one of couples.
Just send Khald (for instance) to the other side of a area then remove him. Leave the area before he can come to you and take Jahera with him.
Do this in some forest you're not going to revisit and you have no trouble.
██████
██████
██████