News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Thinking of playing BG2 again

Started by Josquius, August 26, 2009, 11:49:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedrito

other from what's already been mentioned, on Gibberlings Thrre there's a very good Widescreen Mod that lets you play the game at the resolution you like more. And it works for Torment, too  :cool:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

barkdreg

I'd also recommend tutu if you want to play BG1.

Josquius

Quote from: Lettow77 on August 27, 2009, 05:01:17 AM
The general concensus is that the second is better. Planescape is better than either, mind.

BG2 has more community content, also. BG1 is best with tutu.

Opposite.
Planescape is meh. Never finished that either, got to some impossible to figure out what to do next part.
██████
██████
██████

Lucidor

So, to play with a 1680 x 1050 widescreen, I need both Tutu and a widescreen mod?

Thanks!

Pedrito

Tutu is needed only if you want to play BG with the BG2 engine; if you want to play BG2 with high resolutions you need only the widescreen mod

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Valmy

I started a game of BG+BG2 last year and got to Watcher's Keep in Throne of Bhaal...and then upgraded my computer and Vista cannot run the game.

I am going to plug in my old box and finish one of these days.  The game really holds up well.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

How about extra content mods?
Are there any fanmade quests and/or areas that are wortwhile?
██████
██████
██████

Habbaku

Quote from: Tyr on August 27, 2009, 08:57:48 AM
Opposite.
Planescape is meh. Never finished that either, got to some impossible to figure out what to do next part.

:huh:  How's that even possible?  The in-game journal holds your hand.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Josquius

Quote from: Habbaku on August 27, 2009, 11:18:36 AM
Quote from: Tyr on August 27, 2009, 08:57:48 AM
Opposite.

:huh:  How's that even possible?  The in-game journal holds your hand.
*shrug*
it happened.
Something to do with getting the blood of the hag's daughter. I got that then...nothing. No indication of what to do next.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on August 27, 2009, 11:29:21 AM
*shrug*
it happened.
Something to do with getting the blood of the hag's daughter. I got that then...nothing. No indication of what to do next.

Seriously?  There were tons of indications what to do next...didn't you know why you were getting the Hag's daughter's blood to begin with?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

saskganesh

TUTU rocks and makes BG1 much funner to play. more kits, spells, items and the interface. ( ... except for the paperdolls.)

IMO, BG1 is also much easier to pick up and run with as a casual game. There's even a USB mod, so you can take it to work and play over lunch or conference calls because it's on your stick, not loaded on your company's computer. :pirate:
humans were created in their own image

saskganesh

I have a little people party on the go in BG1. PC is a fighter/illusionist N Gnome, rest of the group is Finch (mod gnome librarian cleric, good, well done), Monty (F/T hobbit, evil), Kaigan (evil F Dwarf), Keslick (good F/C Dwarf) and Quayle (C/MU gnome c/n). Alora (T Hobbit happyhappygood) was in the party for a while too.

We have alignment issues. Kaigan and Keslick HATE eachother and came to blows. Kaigan was my tank, so he could have destroyed Keslick on his own, but I decided to side with the good guy as Kaigan complains too much.

I am now building Keslick as my new tank (with Kaigan's gear, sans axes). And will get Alora to rejoin until I find ... TIAX.

Valmy

Quote from: saskganesh on August 27, 2009, 12:10:42 PM
I am now building Keslick as my new tank (with Kaigan's gear, sans axes). And will get Alora to rejoin until I find ... TIAX.

You are but grease stains on the wheel of time compared to Tiax!

Cecil

Quote from: Valmy on August 27, 2009, 11:50:51 AM
Quote from: Tyr on August 27, 2009, 11:29:21 AM
*shrug*
it happened.

Seriously?  There were tons of indications what to do next...didn't you know why you were getting the Hag's daughter's blood to begin with?

Dont talk about PT. I always get the need to start up another game when peeps do. Damn they dont make em like that anymore.......I actually wept at the ending the first time I played it. Easily moved I guess.

saskganesh

Quote from: Valmy on August 27, 2009, 12:19:54 PM
Quote from: saskganesh on August 27, 2009, 12:10:42 PM

You are but grease stains on the wheel of time compared to Tiax!

when I pick him up, I'll have 4 clerics. and a summoned undead army to lead.

don't fuck with gnomes