10 (14.9%)
F (failing)
7 (10.4%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on August 10, 2009, 10:53:53 AM
Quote from: Berkut on August 10, 2009, 10:24:02 AM
Of course it does - for you, "winning" is what this is all about,
LOL, holy projection!!!  :lmfao: You're not being an original thinker even when attacking someone, you're just copying verbatim my own stated problem with you and grumbler.

Ahh, so this has gone right to your height of "debate", I see - are you going to start chanting about rubber and glue soon? We can always count on you for such "original" thinking and deep appreciation of "integrity".

QuoteAnd I would love to see the post where I called you a "jesus freak". Please cite. Or is this another example of you "getting the words jumbled" and a "made up attack on me"?
Can't quote something from 2004-2005, duh.

I know, which is why you made such a claim, of course. You can do so with impunity, since you know you cannot be called on it. This is what you mean by your deep integrity, amirite?

However, I'm sure plenty of posters remember you not merely doubting my atheism, but actually even going further and calling me a liar about it.
[/quote]

Well, that you are willing to play rather fast and loose with the facts has been rather thoroughly established, so it would come as no great surprise if in fact you were not entirely honest about your atheism.

Whether you are a "jesus freak" or not I have no idea - I certainly have not called you any such thing that I can recall, so you will just have to own that label on your own, if you are so attached to it that you are willing to make up other people calling you one.

lets get back to how Obama's only problem is his rampant desire to coddle Republicans, and other such fine examples of "original thinking" though.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: Razgovory on August 10, 2009, 11:40:58 AM
Oh, Berkut.  This is really silly.

I know, but he doesn't really seem capable of anything more, which is a pity. He is blinded by his emorage, I guess.

0 rows returned

DontSayBanana

DG, just give it up. The ad hom is to Berk what the strawman is to grumbler; it's a catchall, and if you wait long enough, your words will be twisted for the sake of the complaint.

Berk, it's not "criticism of Obama" when you start attacking everyone who isn't ragging on him with you. You're not God or Neil, so people can have different opinions than you.
Experience bij!

garbon

Hmmm Berkut vs. D4Gully, Raz, and Shame...:lol:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

Quote from: DontSayBanana on August 10, 2009, 11:59:18 AM
DG, just give it up. The ad hom is to Berk what the strawman is to grumbler; it's a catchall, and if you wait long enough, your words will be twisted for the sake of the complaint.

So when DG states that he is using my name as a generic insult in an argument I am not even a part of, I have to "twist his words" in order to turn that into an ad hominen? And this is some kind of problem with me?

I don't have to twist his words, just quote them, like I have done. Notice he cannot do the same, and instead quotes words I never actually said?

Berk, it's not "criticism of Obama" when you start attacking everyone who isn't ragging on him with you.

When was I "ragging on him"? I think I graded him rather average in this thread. What does your sentence even mean?

And I am not attacking anyone, much less everyone - it is your buddy DG who decided to turn the thread into yet another of his little personal vendetta's - I was not even part of the discussion until he decided to emorage about me for no apparent reason.

You're not God or Neil, so people can have different opinions than you.

Lots of people do, and if I decide to discuss it, I simply provide my own, unlike some who think that randomly insulting people constitutes "integrity" and "original thinking". I debate and discuss things with lots of different people - have I ever claimed that someone was not allowed to have a different opinion than myself, or are you following the DG example of honest, objective, and rational debate?

You're not God or Neil, so people can have different opinions than you.[/quote]

0 rows returned

DontSayBanana

Quote from: garbon on August 10, 2009, 12:04:12 PM

Meh. I'm jumping in the ring for the entertainment value, since I'm in the "way too early to tell" cluster. Some of the changes Obama's crew has made to OMB are going to be rippling for quite a while, but don't make for as catchy headlines.
Experience bij!

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on August 10, 2009, 11:53:35 AM
I know, which is why you made such a claim, of course. You can do so with impunity, since you know you cannot be called on it. This is what you mean by your deep integrity, amirite?
No, I made a claim because you did repeatedly call me a liar, and claimed that I was a religious fundamentalist lying about being an atheist.  I remember that well because I remember being called a liar.  The fact that old Languish disappeared and can't support my statement is not a mark against my integrity;  that's just a bizarre and illogical statement.  The fact that you don't remember calling me a liar is a mark against you integrity, because it's a sign that you take calling people liars so lightly that you don't even remember doing it.
QuoteWell, that you are willing to play rather fast and loose with the facts has been rather thoroughly established,
Oh, really?  I don't think it's been established at all.

Berkut

Quote from: DontSayBanana on August 10, 2009, 12:08:23 PM

Meh. I'm jumping in the ring for the entertainment value, since I'm in the "way too early to tell" cluster.

Don't be ripping on Obama!

0 rows returned

garbon

Meh. I'm jumping in the ring for the entertainment value, since I'm in the "way too early to tell" cluster. Some of the changes Obama's crew has made to OMB are going to be rippling for quite a while, but don't make for as catchy headlines.

So when does the entertainment arrive?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on August 10, 2009, 12:09:12 PM
Quote from: Berkut on August 10, 2009, 11:53:35 AM
No, I made a claim because you did repeatedly call me a liar, and claimed that I was a religious fundamentalist lying about being an atheist.  I remember that well because I remember being called a liar.  The fact that old Languish disappeared and can't support my statement is not a mark against my integrity;  that's just a bizarre and illogical statement.  The fact that you don't remember calling me a liar is a mark against you integrity, because it's a sign that you take calling people liars so lightly that you don't even remember doing it.

This is a fine example of your "integrity". Right in this thread I made it clear that I do not think I have ever called you a "Jesus freak", and now you are claiming I said something else entirely. Thanks for proving my point about your willingness to play fast and loose with the facts to "win" your little flame wars you so delight in starting.

Bored much?

0 rows returned

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on August 10, 2009, 12:12:35 PM
This is a fine example of your "integrity". Right in this thread I made it clear that I do not think I have ever called you a "Jesus freak", and now you are claiming I said something else entirely. Thanks for proving my point about your willingness to play fast and loose with the facts to "win" your little flame wars you so delight in starting.

Bored much?
You said materially the same thing in many different ways over time.  Bringing up different examples, paraphrasing, or not being able to quote verbatim from memory is again not a mark against integrity.  Once again, your logic is bizarre.

I'm not bored, I just take being called a liar seriously, especially from people who are in no position to make such a claim.

Razgovory

Disdain from the least interesting person on the forum.  Can't get really worked up about that.  Berkut is at least interesting.  You, your just kinda meh.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on August 10, 2009, 12:25:40 PM
Disdain from the least interesting person on the forum.  Can't get really worked up about that.  Berkut is at least interesting.  You, your just kinda meh.

:hug:

DontSayBanana

Quote from: garbon on August 10, 2009, 12:10:39 PM

So when does the entertainment arrive?

When Berk pops a vein.
Experience bij!

garbon