24 (35.8%)
D (poor)
10 (14.9%)
F (failing)
7 (10.4%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Berkut

Prepare for epic disappointment.

DG recycling his emowar against me? Going to take a bit more than that.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

Quote from: DontSayBanana on August 10, 2009, 12:27:51 PM
When Berk pops a vein.
No chance for that, unfortunately, I'm the one who got sucked in.  Berkut claiming that I'm incapable of thinking about issues on their own terms was a genius troll on his part, and really hooked me on the bait.  He managed to make a totally false statement about the one of the two aspects of my personality I really cherish.

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on August 10, 2009, 12:38:58 PM
the one aspect of my personality I really cherish.

We often want what we can't have. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: Berkut on August 10, 2009, 12:30:40 PM

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Berkut

When Berk pops a vein.
No chance for that, unfortunately, I'm the one who got sucked in.  Berkut claiming that I'm incapable of thinking about issues on their own terms was a genius troll on his part, and really hooked me on the bait.  He managed to make a totally false statement about the one aspect of my personality I really cherish.

:lmfao:

You should find something else about yourself to cherish.

0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: Razgovory on August 10, 2009, 12:39:55 PM
Quote from: Berkut on August 10, 2009, 12:30:40 PM

:lol:

0 rows returned

Ed Anger

Quote from: Berkut on August 10, 2009, 12:41:31 PM
When Berk pops a vein.
No chance for that, unfortunately, I'm the one who got sucked in.  Berkut claiming that I'm incapable of thinking about issues on their own terms was a genius troll on his part, and really hooked me on the bait.  He managed to make a totally false statement about the one aspect of my personality I really cherish.

Like his Russian heritage.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Berkut

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 10, 2009, 12:45:36 PM
When Berk pops a vein.

Like his Russian heritage.

But is he *really* a Russian?

I have my doubts.

0 rows returned

DGuller

I'm proud of my record of being able to analyze things originally and on my own.  One example is the economic prediction thread I started four years ago about the impending crisis, which I not only correctly called, but also described how it would unfold with very good accuracy.  Most people disagreed with me at the time.  I certainly didn't come to conclusions that I came to in that thread by being a drone reciting what other people thought.  So, when you can come up with something as insightful as that thread I started, then you may be in position to blab about me being unable to think about issues on their own merits.  Until then, coming from you, it's just an empty insult, albeit a very effective empty insult.

Berkut

You are right, nobody else thought there was any kind of impending problem 4 years ago. You were the only one.

Oh wait, lots of people were concerned about the ridiculous rise in housing prices, including myself. Gee, how disappointing. Well, almost anyway.

Your ability to originally and objectively determine that it is all Reagan's fault surely sets you apart as a creative thinker. I've never heard that one before.

0 rows returned

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on August 10, 2009, 12:52:08 PM
You are right, nobody else thought there was any kind of impending problem 4 years ago. You were the only one.

Oh wait, lots of people were concerned about the ridiculous rise in housing prices, including myself. Gee, how disappointing. Well, almost anyway.
It was about much more than the housing bubble.  It was about how the housing bubble would burst and not just flatten out, and how the burst would lead to a severe financial crisis and economic trouble.  That part was not common thinking at all back in 2005, on Languish or anywhere else.  I was largely correct in predicting the whole chain of events.
QuoteYour ability to originally and objectively determine that it is all Reagan's fault surely sets you apart as a creative thinker. I've never heard that one before.
Yes, in that thread where I made the accurate predictions, I also cited excessive deregulation in the finance industry as the main reason.  In a later thread to which you're referring to, I did not blame Reagan for the financial disaster, I merely stated that Reagan started the process of reckless financial deregulation.  The rest is your imagination, as usual.

So far you're batting zero.

Berkut

Right, that must be why your so pissed off, because I cannot hit these softballs, oh genius one.

Funny, I seem to recall reading about people, even people as dim as politicians, way back in the early 2000s expressing concerns about the housing bubble, and what it could lead to. I guess I must have just been better read than you. Of course, I am not nearly as genius like as you, so perhaps I am forced to read and stuff, rather than just figure everything out on my own using my ultra objective reasoning. That same objectivity that you regularly deride and claim is just an attempt to "be cool".

*I* certainly make no such claim to such grandiose prescience. Perhaps that is why I am not so invested in defending myself from the imagined slight of someone (*gasp*!) having the audacity of disagreeing with me, and have to continually manufacture flame wars as my high integrity debate tactic.

0 rows returned

garbon

So do we know yet, why DGul called KRonn Berkut?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 10, 2009, 04:45:10 AM
What do you think they're doing and the goal is?
I think they want to get re-elected and they're avoiding making sweeping pronouncements until they see which way the wind is blowing.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Berkut on August 10, 2009, 12:46:15 PM
But is he *really* a Russian?

I have my doubts.

He's a Jewish EMT turned lawyer who argues with you by day and fights crime by night.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?