24 (35.8%)
D (poor)
10 (14.9%)
F (failing)
7 (10.4%)

Total Members Voted: 65

garbon

I think you've been pretty consistently associated with Dorsey. :contract:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on August 10, 2009, 03:44:16 PM
I think you've been pretty consistently been associate with Dorsey. :contract:

Doing drugs much?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on August 10, 2009, 03:31:31 PM
Quote from: Berkut on August 10, 2009, 03:27:38 PM
An inability to recognize the complexities of issues and having a nearly 100% hit rate on finding the Republicans to blame for any and all problems with completely partisan thinking is in fact rather partisan. Pretty much by definition.
I think being able to make an accurate detailed prediction sort of implies be able to recognize complexities of issues. 

really?

I can make an accurate and detailed prediction of when the sun is going to rise tomorrow, I guess that means I must be able to "recognize the complexity of issues".

If you make an accurate and detialed prediction that the economy is in dire straits and we may have a financial meltdown, then follow that up with "...and it is all the republicans/Reagans/Bushs fault" without ever acknowledging the myriad of rather non-political factors in favor of trite and partisan soundbites....well, you are probably a partisan hack.

If you do this on any number of different political issues, you almost certainly are. I know this is really hard to see from way over there on the luny fringe - I am sure you seem perfectly rational amongst all the other similarly luny faithful. Such is the power of tribal thinking. Abd the actualy moderates look all nutty and crazy.

What is really fascinating about this is that you actually have less of a problem with other nutty whackjobs who inhabit the other end of the spectrum, but fly into your emo-rage over the moderates. I suspect it is because you really do know that you are a hack, and in fact commiserate with the other hacks, even if they are diametrically opposed hacks, like Hansy. What is *really* offensive to you are the actually rational, objective people who are capable of seeing things outside the prism of your little opposing tribes.

It is just like how religious fundies hold a special disdain for the non-religious, as opposed to there fundy counter-parts from other religions. And it has the same basic genesis I suspect.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on August 10, 2009, 03:42:36 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 10, 2009, 03:33:48 PM
I will note that the Guller = partisan hack and Guller = Dorsey hypotheses rule each other out unless you assume either a radical and sudden philosophical change or that one persona was meant to discredit its side in arguments.
The only thing consistent about labels attached to me on Languish is the inconsistency.  I started out as a fundie, then I was a Democratic hack, then I was a contrarian, then I was Dorsey, and now I'm back to being a Democratic party hack.  The contrarian is the only one that was somewhere in the zip code of the bullseye.

No, you've been a consistent hack all along.

0 rows returned

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on August 10, 2009, 03:47:41 PM
What is really fascinating about this is that you actually have less of a problem with other nutty whackjobs who inhabit the other end of the spectrum, but fly into your emo-rage over the moderates. I suspect it is because you really do know that you are a hack, and in fact commiserate with the other hacks, even if they are diametrically opposed hacks, like Hansy.
What's really fascinating is how easily you can just completely make some random shit up about a person to fit in with the label you attached to him.  I commiserate with Hansy, really?  Wow, I can't really think of any clever put down for this, nothing can top that comment itself.  That is just so off the wall and divorced from reality that I'm starting to question your sanity.

Berkut

Oh no, the partisan hack is questioning my sanity. Whatever shall I do now? Soon he might stop reading my posts!

0 rows returned

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on August 10, 2009, 04:02:11 PM
Oh no, the partisan hack is questioning my sanity. Whatever shall I do now? Soon he might stop reading my posts!
How can anyone not question your sanity when you claim out of the blue that I commiserate with Hansy?  That's not even idiotic, that's just bizarre and inexplicable, because there is nothing at all to even point a rational person in the direction of that conclusion.  Wow.  :blink:

Eddie Teach

Guller might not, but I feel bad for Hans, even if most of the grief he gets is his own damn fault.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on August 10, 2009, 04:08:01 PM
Quote from: Berkut on August 10, 2009, 04:02:11 PM
How can anyone not question your sanity when you claim out of the blue that I commiserate with Hansy?  That's not even idiotic, that's just bizarre and inexplicable, because there is nothing at all to even point a rational person in the direction of that conclusion.  Wow.  :blink:

You go to great lengths to miss the point. I suspect because it hits so closely to its mark.

0 rows returned

DGuller

I guess I was pessimistic about my ability to make Berkut pop his vein.  I think I made him pop a whole freaking artery, right in the middle of his brain.  In hindsight, I feel silly that I felt so insulted by a comment that it turns out was made by a poster thinking that I commiserate with Hansy.

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on August 10, 2009, 04:13:26 PM
You go to great lengths to miss the point. I suspect because it hits so closely to its mark.
That point was based on and supported by an example that was not from this universe.  How valid could that point be?

DGuller

Anyway, on that amusing note, I'll end this pleasant exchange.  Back to by default mode of operation with that keen observer of forum members.

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on August 10, 2009, 04:26:02 PM
Anyway, on that amusing note, I'll end this pleasant exchange.  Back to by default mode of operation with that keen observer of forum members.

Meaning random drive by trolling while pretending not to read people posts who disagree with you but actually reading everything they post and around building up your emorage until you can't hold it in any longer?

Good luck with that. See you in a couple more months.

0 rows returned

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 10, 2009, 01:15:18 PM
I think they want to get re-elected and they're avoiding making sweeping pronouncements until they see which way the wind is blowing.
I agree with the first part.  Do you not think that they've been making an argument consistently to oppose it and to turn opinion against it?  By avoiding making statements don't you also think they're to some extent trying to kill it by slowing it down.  That was LBJ's strategy, when he was in Majority Leader, for killing something he didn't want to be seen to be killing but did want to die.
Let's bomb Russia!