News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Ohio, the heart of it all

Started by Ed Anger, August 04, 2009, 09:52:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

This one time at band camp ...

But sheesh. What's the big deal about an bunch of nasty parody songs? People are such sensitive snowflakes these days.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Brain

They had a fucking trigger warning FFS.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

I'm glad there was a more in depth investigation.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DontSayBanana

Ladies and gentlemen, your tax and tuition dollars at work. :mellow:

This wasn't official, kept from public circulation because they knew it could be offensive, and by the way, did anybody catch the memo that marching bands don't sing?  Hell, if they scouted their English department, they'd probably find worse material being used as part of curriculum.

I'm sorry, but this is a case of manufactured outrage if I ever heard one.
Experience bij!

Admiral Yi

The University of Iowa marching band has a tradition that they do a pub crawl on nights before home games.  They sing parodies of fight songs at each bar and get rewarded with pitchers of beer.

I've mentioned it before but I'll repeat my two favorite parody bits.

What's a fucking buckeye?  It's a fucking nut.

and

Indiana, Indiana, Indiana, fuck you!

grumbler

Every marching band does that, Yi.  The OSU band made a competition out of being as nasty and sexist as it could be, though.  They just went too far... unless OSU really had played Auschwitz.  They usually have a tougher non-conference schedule than that.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

The Ape uprising has been crushed in Cinncinati.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 29, 2016, 06:32:56 PM

Gotta love it.  Somebody can't keep track of their little shit, and it's the endangered species that gets the lead salad sammich.

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 29, 2016, 06:54:09 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 29, 2016, 06:32:56 PM

Gotta love it.  Somebody can't keep track of their little shit, and it's the endangered species that gets the lead salad sammich.

Pretty shitty and sad thing to have happen.  Harambe was a favorite at the zoo.  I think they should have rolled the dice on shooting a tranquilizer at him.  Then maybe shooting the parents.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on May 30, 2016, 09:31:45 AM
Pretty shitty and sad thing to have happen.  Harambe was a favorite at the zoo.  I think they should have rolled the dice on shooting a tranquilizer at him.  Then maybe shooting the parents.

Definitely shooting the mother.  Accidents happen, and praise God.

Tonitrus

Richard Hakluyt

Any pics of the barriers that the kid climbed over? Haven't been able to find any.