News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Ohio, the heart of it all

Started by Ed Anger, August 04, 2009, 09:52:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Surprised you could pronounce that, what with so much bank cock in your mouth.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 24, 2013, 09:30:46 PM

If treating people the same whether they act individually or collectively makes me a bank cock sucker, then I wear the title with pride.

derspiess

Red Seedy needs a new schtick.  Something fresh.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on July 24, 2013, 09:43:25 PM
Red Seedy needs a new schtick.  Something fresh.

So does Yi.  He'll hammer on "individual responsibility" all fucking day, from niggers on welfare to a contributor's 401k management, but hey, if as long as everybody's incorporated, it's all good.

Now go face fuck a fetus with a gun for Christ or something.

Admiral Yi

You're an angrier, less reasonable mongers.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 24, 2013, 09:35:09 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 24, 2013, 09:30:46 PM

If treating people the same whether they act individually or collectively makes me a bank cock sucker, then I wear the title with pride.

Yi, honest question  Who, if anyone, should be punished in a case like this?  How should they be punished?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on July 24, 2013, 10:04:56 PM
Yi, honest question  Who, if anyone, should be punished in a case like this?  How should they be punished?

Like I said, the lady should shyster up.  And sue the bank's ass off.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 24, 2013, 10:06:01 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 24, 2013, 10:04:56 PM

Like I said, the lady should shyster up.  And sue the bank's ass off.

So no criminal charges then?  And presumably an individual who had no affiliation with the woman took her stuff while she was on vacation should be sued as well without any criminal charges?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 24, 2013, 09:53:11 PM
You're an angrier, less reasonable mongers.

Goddamned right I am.  Had it up to HERE with all this bullshit.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on July 24, 2013, 10:10:00 PM
So no criminal charges then?  And presumably an individual who had no affiliation with the woman took her stuff while she was on vacation should be sued as well without any criminal charges?

Yes.  In case it's still a little nebulous after the three times I repeated it with Seedy, I don't think someone who mistakenly evicts a house would get charged with theft.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 24, 2013, 10:14:14 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 24, 2013, 10:10:00 PM

Yes.  In case it's still a little nebulous after the three times I repeated it with Seedy, I don't think someone who mistakenly evicts a house would get charged with theft.

I'm just making sure I understand your position.  What makes this different then Robbery?

DontSayBanana

What criminal charges?  To the "best" of the bank's knowledge, they were foreclosing on a property they owned.  It might be negligence, but it seems to fall short of burglary.  Culpable?  Hell yes.  Criminal?  Debatable.

Much more fun could be had with the civil suit. :menace:
Experience bij!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on July 24, 2013, 10:17:29 PM
I'm just making sure I understand your position.  What makes this different then Robbery?

Can you honestly see no differences?

Razgovory

Quote from: DontSayBanana on July 24, 2013, 10:18:22 PM
What criminal charges?  To the "best" of the bank's knowledge, they were foreclosing on a property they owned.  It might be negligence, but it seems to fall short of burglary.  Culpable?  Hell yes.  Criminal?  Debatable.

Much more fun could be had with the civil suit. :menace:

Suing people cost a lot of money, and the burden of righting legal wrongs falls on an individual citizen who is likely ill equipped to do so.  Criminal violations are the responsibility of the state.

Let us say I lent someone a widget and when I asked for it back. This person told me to just go to his house and pick the widget up.  He doesn't have a key to give me, but I know how to jimmy a lock so it's no problem.  I go to the wrong house and take a similar widget from his neighbor.  The neighbor finds out and tells me to return the widget.  I refuse to return the widget or pay fair value for the item.  Have I committed a crime?

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 24, 2013, 10:24:20 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 24, 2013, 10:17:29 PM

Can you honestly see no differences?

Explain it to me.