And we're back!

Main Menu

Ohio, the heart of it all

Started by Ed Anger, August 04, 2009, 09:52:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

katmai

:lmfao:

QuoteA woman from Vinton County, Ohio, wants her belongings back after a bank mistakenly began to repossess her house while she was out of town, 10TV News reports.

After spending two weeks away, Kate Barnett returned home to find that the First National Bank of Wellston had foreclosed on her house, even though she had no affiliation with the bank.

"They repossessed my house on accident, thinking it was the house across the street," Barnett told 10TV News. "They told me that the GPS led them to my house. My grass hadn't been mowed and they just assumed."

Barnett said her key no longer worked and she had to climb through the window to get inside, where she discovered that many of her possessions had been hauled away.

According to Barnett, she presented the bank's president with an $18,000 estimate to replace the lost items, but he refused to pay.

"He got very firm with me and said, 'We're not paying you retail here, that's just the way it is,' " she recalled. "I did not tell them to come in my house and make me an offer. They took my stuff and I want it back."

No one from the bank would go on camera with 10TV News, but a vice president told the network that they are trying to "come to terms" with Barnett and "hope to have things resolved very soon." However, Barnett denies this.

"They make it sound like I'm trying to rip off the bank," said Barnett. "All I want is my stuff back."
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Admiral Yi

"Come to terms??" 

Sounds like she needs to shyster up.

Tonitrus

Responsible bank officials should be going to jail for burglary.

mongers

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 24, 2013, 07:10:16 PM

Communist, don't you know corporations can do no wrong.  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 24, 2013, 07:10:16 PM

Yeah, right.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: mongers on July 24, 2013, 07:19:23 PM
Communist, don't you know corporations can do no wrong.  :cool:

A communist thinks everything a corporation does is wrong.

Sane people understand corporations can do right and wrong.

Tonitrus

I agree completely.  But people who are responsible for the corporations should not be able to avoid criminal justice, as individuals cannot, just because they are a corporation.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 24, 2013, 08:25:04 PM
I agree completely.  But people who are responsible for the corporations should not be able to avoid criminal justice, as individuals cannot, just because they are a corporation.

Agreed, more or less.

But I don't think we would convict an individual who did what these guys did of criminal charges.

CountDeMoney

But people who are responsible for the corporations should not be able to avoid criminal justice, as individuals cannot, just because they are a corporation.

"Corporations are white people, my friend."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 24, 2013, 09:06:15 PM

Agreed, more or less.

But I don't think we would convict an individual who did what these guys did of criminal charges.

Sure we would.  Every item gone is theft and destruction of private property.  Every item missing under $500 is a misdemeanor, every item over $500 is a felony.

But it's a bank, so heym right?  A nice letter on embossed and raised company stationery with "Oops" should suffice.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 24, 2013, 09:12:09 PM
Sure we would.  Every item gone is theft and destruction of private property.  Every item missing under $500 is a misdemeanor, every item over $500 is a felony.

You of course know this from you vast experience with people who evicted the wrong house.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 24, 2013, 09:13:50 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 24, 2013, 09:12:09 PM

You of course know this from you vast experience with people who evicted the wrong house.

No, that was always the Sheriff's Department's gig.

But unlawful taking of personal property is still unlawful.  Banks are not cloaked in criminal immunity from property crime.  Oh wait, they're banks, so they are.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 24, 2013, 09:20:20 PM
But unlawful taking of personal property is still unlawful.

Thank you Captain Tautology.