News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

History Trivia Thread Reducks

Started by Admiral Yi, July 22, 2009, 03:15:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Viking

Quote from: Warspite on October 05, 2009, 09:03:36 AM
Maybe it was used in a bizarre logical game with a wolf and a cabbage.

don't see how. The drenched and pissed off ram would beat the crap out of the human then the wolf and then stop for lunch.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Warspite

Quote from: Viking on October 05, 2009, 09:11:24 AM

don't see how. The drenched and pissed off ram would beat the crap out of the human then the wolf and then stop for lunch.
Not if the wolf has been used as a windvane in a storm.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Viking

Quote from: Warspite on October 05, 2009, 09:29:43 AM
Quote from: Viking on October 05, 2009, 09:11:24 AM

Not if the wolf has been used as a windvane in a storm.

I can see them ganging up and taking on the humans

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

PDH

Misreading the sources, Isidore suggested in naval battles that the Romans "rammed" their enemies, by forcing them to eat so much mutton their foes got loggy and didn't care about the battle. Then they rammed a corvus into their spine.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Threviel

He thought the romans used it to protect against collision with underwater rocks. Open floor.

Viking

Johannes Kepler, like Newton, was a genius of terrific genius of immense importance. But he had a really really stupid wrong idea that he never gave up on. Much of his real genius came through trying (and failing) to prove his stupid wrong idea. What was that idea?

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Caliga

um... was he the 'celestial sphere' guy (i.e. the universe is like a Discworld that revolves around the Earth)?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Viking

Quote from: Caliga on October 06, 2009, 06:48:23 AM
um... was he the 'celestial sphere' guy (i.e. the universe is like a Discworld that revolves around the Earth)?

elaborate

Caliga

Not sure what more to say.  The world is the center of the universe and the sun and planets are like on the inside of a sphere that revolves around the world, or something like that.  It's a variation on the classical view of cosmology.

Viking

Quote from: Caliga on October 06, 2009, 07:10:32 AM
Not sure what more to say.  The world is the center of the universe and the sun and planets are like on the inside of a sphere that revolves around the world, or something like that.  It's a variation on the classical view of cosmology.

and do these spheres have anything to do with anything else?

Caliga

Quote from: Viking on October 06, 2009, 07:12:34 AM
Sorry, I can't remember anything more detailed than what I've already articulated.

Viking

Quote from: Caliga on October 06, 2009, 07:14:12 AM
Quote from: Viking on October 06, 2009, 07:12:34 AM
Sorry, I can't remember anything more detailed than what I've already articulated.

Ok, Kepler's Idea has to do with nature of these spheres and how they relate to matter itself.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017