News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How Zealous Are You About Covid Compliance?

Started by Admiral Yi, March 31, 2021, 07:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Now with kung-fu action grip!

2 (5.4%)
8 (21.6%)
10 (27%)
10 (27%)
4 (10.8%)
2 (5.4%)
0 (0%)
1 (2.7%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
I clicked the button down here because it's so shiny
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Admiral Yi

10 means you meet no one without a mask and you wash your groceries in chlorine.  No one is here is a 10.
1 means it's a hoax concocted by Hugo Chavez and Bill Gates and you invite random strangers to spit in your mouth.

I'm somewhere around 7 or 8.

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 31, 2021, 07:11:58 PM
10 means you meet no one without a mask and you wash your groceries in chlorine.  No one is here is a 10.
1 means it's a hoax concocted by Hugo Chavez and Bill Gates and you invite random strangers to spit in your mouth.

Bout the same.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

Before exhausts his three syllable quota for the month.

DGuller

I think we need to clarify the question.  Covid compliance to me means complying with regulations faithfully, but your example made it more about how paranoid you are.  No one is mandating washing your groceries in chlorine. 

When it comes to complying with all the rules meant to limit Covid spread, whether from the government, landlord, business owners, and so on, I think I am a 10.  The only time I broke the rules was when I forgot to put on a mask one time when going out to get lunch, but I took my hat off and covered my face with it once I realized it so that I didn't look like an asshole.

mongers

A solid 9; meet no one, kept to regulations, did wash some/most groceries with detergent.   :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

viper37

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 31, 2021, 07:11:58 PM

9.  I never washed my groceries, like I don't usually do stuff that has no real use when it's not mandatory.  I wear the mask in public, even though it has only limited use, since it's mandatory.  I wash my hands because it's common sense. 

I have not had large indoor gatherings in my home or elsewhere since the covid-19 restrictions began, even before, I guess, since I was really sick.  I've met friends outside this summer, with at least 2m between us, but I've not worn the mask outside.  Back then, there were basically no cases around here. 

Now, it's different.  But my attitude has not changed.  I'm careful, but I'm not losing any sleep on this.  I minimize my social contacts to make sure I'm not spreading it to anyone while asymptomatic, but if I get it, I get it.  No big deal, there's some good music upstairs now, with the mass of rockers that have died. ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DGuller on March 31, 2021, 07:26:28 PM
I think we need to clarify the question.  Covid compliance to me means complying with regulations faithfully, but your example made it more about how paranoid you are.  No one is mandating washing your groceries in chlorine. 

When it comes to complying with all the rules meant to limit Covid spread, whether from the government, landlord, business owners, and so on, I think I am a 10.  The only time I broke the rules was when I forgot to put on a mask one time when going out to get lunch, but I took my hat off and covered my face with it once I realized it so that I didn't look like an asshole.

But there are measures one can take to limit covid spread that go beyond what the government mandates.  Never meeting anyone for example.  No government is mandating that.

The chlorine things comes from a Youtube clip I saw made by a doctor way back at the beginning of the pandemic.

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 31, 2021, 07:34:29 PM

But there are measures one can take to limit covid spread that go beyond what the government mandates.  Never meeting anyone for example.  No government is mandating that.

The chlorine things comes from a Youtube clip I saw made by a doctor way back at the beginning of the pandemic.
But what are you complying with at that point?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DGuller on March 31, 2021, 07:39:14 PM
But what are you complying with at that point?

The spirit of covid prevention!  :smarty:

Monoriu

I am responsible for enforcing the COVID restrictions.  So I take these very seriously.  I try to comply with everything.  So except maybe washing the food in chlorine, I do almost everything.  Masks, tracking software, vaccine, work at home, testing, no partying etc.  I give myself a 9.

Grey Fox

I voted 5 because I am pretty ambivalent about mask and 2 meters distancing when meeting  people outside.

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 31, 2021, 07:34:29 PM

By that definition I am a 10.  We go well beyond what the government mandates and Mrs. CC often sanitizes after one of the household comes back from the world.  I am constantly washing my hands and try not to touch my face - even though I am only exposed to my household.

But I am also a special case - it is more of a life and death issue for me. 

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

Quote from: 11B4V on March 31, 2021, 09:04:32 PM
You need more?  ;)

Sure, stretch it all the way to four.  I double dog dare you.

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 31, 2021, 09:05:24 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on March 31, 2021, 09:04:32 PM
You need more?  ;)

Sure, stretch it all the way to four.  I double dog dare you.

Simple question, simple answer.