How Zealous Are You About Covid Compliance?

Started by Admiral Yi, March 31, 2021, 07:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Now with kung-fu action grip!

2 (5.4%)
8 (21.6%)
10 (27%)
10 (27%)
4 (10.8%)
2 (5.4%)
0 (0%)
1 (2.7%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
I clicked the button down here because it's so shiny
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: DGuller on March 31, 2021, 09:22:55 PM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on March 31, 2021, 09:21:18 PM
Whoa, eight. :blink:
Might be a good idea to get tested for concussion. :unsure:

Also, I have done any full contact matches since COVID hit.  :mad:

So the answer would be no.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

PDH

I followed the guidelines of the University of California, and the guys in my department are not a bunch of douchebag self-centered numbnuts, so they did too.  Washing, mask wearing (we had N95s from the get-go), and even gloves in the early days when things were unknown.  I stayed away from my 83 year old mom (who also self-quarantined), and I didn't do the whole "I deserve to do this" routine.  Over 50, I made sure I was good.  All tests (we can get them regularly at the University) negative, and now I have both shots plus 14 days.

Who the hell knows if the above or luck helped out the above? However, since none of the orders were too onerous (unless you are one of the afformentioned douchebag self-centered numbnuts) I figured that being ok with difficult but not too bad orders was the way to go.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

I have been working from home since last March and we generally wear masks when we go out so I guess 8. The big hole in our security is that we all made the decision that among the 12 members of the family that get together regularly we would not do any COVID stuff, we would just all sink or swim together. So far nobody got COVID so I guess that worked out ok.

Oh and my kids have been going to in person school but they wear masks all day and so forth.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

celedhring

A 8. I've always worked from home so that part changed little for me (except that the occasional in-person meetings I had have all been moved to remote). I'm pretty zealous and I have reduced my social life more than I probably was forced to, but I'm pretty paranoid about taking mass transit to Barcelona unless it's for a good reason (and all my social life outside family is there). But I've met my family numerous times when allowed, and had the occasional beer with friends in outdoors seating. Plus I touch my mask all the time and shit.

Maladict

First lockdown a 9, now 7-8 probably. I pretty much conform to all the regulations, except for taking public transport a couple of times without it being absolutely necessary. I'm still pretty bad at not touching my face or mask, and I could probably wash my hands more often.

Josquius

I won't admit to breaking any laws on a public forum.
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Probably a 6-7. Never washed anything from the shops - never even thought of it until someone mentioned it and I looked at them like they were mad.

I wear a mask when I'm indoors/in an enclosed space and have done since summer last year - so before the government guidance really pushed it. I still hand sanitise a lot.

I met up with people when that was allowed - and did break the rule of six. But otherwise I've basically just followed the rules but I'm not as punctilious about distancing in shops etc this time round.
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

I went with 9. I've never wiped anything down (actually maybe right at the start but gave that up after the first month) but do always wash my hands after opening up any deliveries. Hand sanitiser after touching anything while out and about. I'm mostly at home with masks on the entire time out in public. I haven't been in any shops over a year barring the post office and have only seen friends a few times with socially distance outdoor meetups.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

My sister in law still puts everything from outside her home in a 7 day quarantine before it can be touch/use.

It must be wonders with her 3 teenagers.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Iormlund

Solid 9.

Don't do the chlorine stuff, but I do quarantine non-perishables for a couple days. Compulsive hand-washing/sanitizing.

Only meet people socially outside.

Masked always (FFP2) unless I'm in a well ventilated area and either there's nobody else about or I'm in the process of ingesting something.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.