US 2020 Presidential Election prediction thread

Started by Zoupa, July 12, 2020, 10:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: katmai on November 03, 2020, 05:26:43 PM
The Funks, garbons (before he flipped a bitch and left country) and even derspicy's kids and I are the future of America. You old White people ( including derspicy) are the past.

Well good luck with that. I only really care about the present of America right now.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

katmai

Wait were youse guys really thinking Florida wasn't going to Trump?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Valmy

Quote from: katmai on November 03, 2020, 08:44:22 PM

Fuck if I knew. I just knew Joe needed to win one of North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, and Pennsylvania.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Sheilbh

Quote from: alfred russel on November 03, 2020, 02:37:23 PM
Nah, the Trumpists are the Republican party now. Hopefully not in the sense that they are led by someone as personally miserable as Trump, but they not going to revert to their pretrump stage when Romney was the nominee. They are a populist party now.
Yeah - and thinking about that article from the New Yorker. So far it looks like Trump doing better with Latinos and, to a far lesser extent African Americans, while education is becoming  more of a divide. (education seems a more profound divide - a bit like the ROTW). Maybe the Reversalist re-alignment takes place, especially with Latinos, and the GOP becomes the party of the people - while the Democrats become the party of the well-educated, public sector workers (big cities and college towns), like what's happened to the left in much of Europe. I think that is the better direction for the GOP to go than to double-down on nativism (the Cotton style of Trumpism) or to revert to Mitt Romney style Republicanism.

Regardless, after tonight, there's no way that Trumpism is gone from the GOP. If he loses I wouldn't bet against another run in 2024, or Jr making a run.

No. My very deep prejudice that fundamentally Florida is a messy bitch who lives for the drama has only deepened tonight :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

It's the Cubans.  I think the only real way to deal with that 'issue' is for us to overthrow the current regime in Cuba and hand the country to the exiles. :sleep:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on November 04, 2020, 11:18:17 AM
It's the Cubans.  I think the only real way to deal with that 'issue' is for us to overthrow the current regime in Cuba and hand the country to the exiles. :sleep:

Sounds like a win-win scenario. :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

Quote from: Barrister on November 04, 2020, 11:25:40 AM
I just think it's lame that the best way to break a hold over a certain group is to engage in military adventures abroad. :glare:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

crazy canuck

for whom?  The US - invading a country because a bunch of Trumpists want them to?  That sounds like a big loss for the US.

The people of Cuba getting invaded by a bunch of Trumpist?  No so great either.

The world becoming even more destabalized by the bad old days of American imperialism?

Sounds like a lose, lose, lose proposition to me.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 04, 2020, 11:29:51 AM

for whom?  The US - invading a country because a bunch of Trumpists want them to?  That sounds like a big loss for the US.

The world becoming even more destabalized by the bad old days of American imperialism?

The smiley face generally indicates a less than completely serious post.

But in general the idea of removing the despotic Cuban communist government would be a huge boon to the Cuban people.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

Quote from: Barrister on November 04, 2020, 11:33:17 AM

But in general the idea of removing the despotic Cuban communist government would be a huge boon to the Cuban people.

If when given the privilege of voting cubans chose to vote for the likes of Trump maybe we should reconsider a democratic cuba :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on November 04, 2020, 11:33:17 AM

See, for a moment I was prepared to accept that you were joking.  But then you went with the line that it would actually make sense.  You are looking a lot more like DerIdiot.  "It was a joke but you know there is some truth to it"

Tonitrus

We should have offered them statehood after the Spanish American war.  And that might have/could have happened...but the racism of the time almost certainly precluded the idea.

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on November 04, 2020, 11:26:56 AM
I just think it's lame that the best way to break a hold over a certain group is to engage in military adventures abroad. :glare:

If they want to form their own army we might look the other way if they want to overthrow the Castros. That is about as far we would be willing to go I think.

But the Castros are not nearly as unpopular in Cuba as they are in Miami I don't think.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 04, 2020, 11:36:55 AM
We should have offered them statehood after the Spanish American war.  And that might have/could have happened...but the racism of the time almost certainly precluded the idea.

:yes: