Hagia Sophia to be turned back into a mosque

Started by The Larch, July 10, 2020, 10:35:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 06, 2020, 08:59:42 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on August 06, 2020, 08:54:37 AM
D. Catarina is more famous for popularising tea in Albion though.  :P
Her Wikipedia has that customary entry in figures (especially foreigners!) in 17-8th century English history - "Popish plot" :lol:

Looking at Wiki I just found out that bagpipes aren't from Scotland? They started using them there in  the 1500's? WTF. Iberia alone had a version since like the 900's. This is somehow Bravehearts fault
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Maladict

The Chora Church has been turned into a mosque today  :(

Valmy

Quote from: Maladict on August 21, 2020, 09:40:31 AM
The Chora Church has been turned into a mosque today  :(

Huh. Was that ever a mosque?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

Until 1945. I've more of an issue with this one - it's more of a museum-ish building and less palimpsestical than Hagia Sophia.
Let's bomb Russia!

Maladict

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 21, 2020, 09:50:18 AM
Until 1945. I've more of an issue with this one - it's more of a museum-ish building and less palimpsestical than Hagia Sophia.

The interior spaces are very small and completely covered in mosaics and frescoes. I don't see any practical way of temporarily covering them like you can in Hagia Sophia.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Maladict on August 21, 2020, 10:29:13 AM
The interior spaces are very small and completely covered in mosaics and frescoes. I don't see any practical way of temporarily covering them like you can in Hagia Sophia.
Yeah I agree and from my memory there's less of a presence in the building of its time as a mosque, which was still there with Hagia Sophia.
Let's bomb Russia!