News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Coronavirus Sars-CoV-2/Covid-19 Megathread

Started by Syt, January 18, 2020, 09:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: Threviel on April 08, 2020, 12:44:41 PM
Yes, and about half the population of Sweden.

As I said, rough calculations:

127*2 is about 300
680/2 is about 300.

Say three times the number of ICU cases then if it makes you happy.

Still not a grim picture for Sweden. Sure, it's not especially good like Denmark, but not grim either.

I stand by my words. Considering the laxisme showed by the Swedish government. Your death tally will be over 1000 by monday.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Brain

Quote from: Legbiter on April 08, 2020, 12:56:05 PM
What's the least affected region of Sweden? Gotland or Norrbotten? Here it's the Westfjords, same as in the Black Death.  :lol:

Gotland and the extreme southeast of the country, plus the most flyovery parts of the north and west.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Why would you be flying over northern Sweden?  :huh:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tamas

Valmy

Quote from: Eddie Teach on April 08, 2020, 02:42:46 PM

Your sled needs repairing and your reindeer is sick?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Quote from: Eddie Teach on April 08, 2020, 02:42:46 PM

If you go to the extreme north of Sweden (which has iron ore) you want to fly over the middle parts of the north to avoid boredom.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

katmai

Quote from: Legbiter on April 08, 2020, 01:38:32 PM
Singapore is going on full lockdown again, just got hit with a second wave.
what the world can expect til a vaccine.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

PDH

Quote from: katmai on April 08, 2020, 05:00:39 PM
Quote from: Legbiter on April 08, 2020, 01:38:32 PM
Singapore is going on full lockdown again, just got hit with a second wave.
what the world can expect til a vaccine.

I foresee lots of this as places announce they are easing off the restrictions...people are still going to get this, it is just slowed down in spreading due to social distancing...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Zoupa

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 08, 2020, 02:03:02 PM

127*2 is about 300
680/2 is about 300.

Still not a grim picture for Sweden. Sure, it's not especially good like Denmark, but not grim either.

I stand by my words. Considering the laxisme showed by the Swedish government. Your death tally will be over 1000 by monday.

Pretty much. Sweden has a higher death rate per capita than the US or Iran. Almost double that of Denmark.

mongers

I wonder what the economic impact is, which of these two events will it be nearest to?

Between 1929 and 1932, worldwide gross domestic product (GDP) fell by an estimated 15%. By comparison, worldwide GDP fell by less than 1% from 2008 to 2009 during the Great Recession.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Iormlund

Short term it will be greater than both. Long term it really depends on economic policies. If we are stupid enough to really want to make it a depression it will become one.

PDH

Quote from: Iormlund on April 08, 2020, 07:28:44 PM
Short term it will be greater than both. Long term it really depends on economic policies. If we are stupid enough to really want to make it a depression it will become one.
But only if the leader of the World's largest economy is a complete idiot.

We're doomed.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

alfred russel

Quote from: Zoupa on April 08, 2020, 05:51:07 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on April 08, 2020, 02:03:02 PM

127*2 is about 300
680/2 is about 300.

Pretty much. Sweden has a higher death rate per capita than the US or Iran. Almost double that of Denmark.

To keep things in perspective. Current deaths / million of population.

China: 2.4
Korea: 3.9
Japan: 0.7
Sweden: 67.5
Denmark: 37.6
Norway: 19.0
Finland: 7.2
Germany: 28.3
USA: 44.8
UK: 106.7
Spain: 316.6
Italy: 292.4
Iran: 48.8
Canada: 11.5

I just picked out the countries we seem to talk about, plus the nordics.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Fate

On a state level:
NY: 319
NJ: 169
LA: 140
MI: 96
CT: 94
MA: 63
WA: 59

CA: 13

Razgovory

My brother is recovering pretty well.  He was never formally diagnosed because his boyfriend didn't want to take him to the hospital (no insurance), but I'm pretty sure he has/had it.  He's not longer bedridden and though he still gets winded moving around.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017