Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Quote from: katmai on October 28, 2017, 06:24:56 PM
538  Has their current 4 as
Alabama
Georgia
Ohio St
and Clemson
with Wisconsin, Washington and Oklahoma the first three out.

That's reasonable, but I'd go with Alabama, Georgia, Norte Dame, and Miami as the top 4.  I don't really think that Miami belongs, but as long as they're undefeated, I think you have to put them above Clemson.  I suppose that you could say the same about Wisconsin, but if they played in the Big Ten East instead of West, they'd probably be no better than the 3rd best team in the division, if that.

Notre Dame is almost certainly in if they win out, I think.  Unless Georgia unexpectedly collapses, ND would have the best loss of any 1-loss team, and a bunch of good wins.  Of course, they still have some work to do to get those wins.

At this point, the Big 12 and PAC-12 need help to get any team into the playoff, but they may get it.

Admiral Yi

Iowa fans very fucked up tonight.

Berkut

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 28, 2017, 08:27:42 PM
Best game of the day is New Mexico State at Wyoming.  :P  That Wyoming QB won't get drafted in the first round, but he'll be in the pros somewhere based on pure balls.   :lol:

No way, WSU at Arizona by far.

Kalil Tate. WSU loaded up the box, so he just threw bombs against them until they didn't, then Arizona hit them with running plays of 82, 79, and 49 yards.

Washington State was giving up 270ish YPG going into Arizona, and the Cats put nearly 600 on them.

Kalil Tate Passing:
10/17   275   16.2   2   1   91.8

Kalil Tate Rushing:
13   146   11.2   1   

Over the last four games:
Passing:
CMP   ATT   PCT   YDS   AVG   TD   LNG   INT   RAT
46   67   68.7   784   11.7   6   68   3   187.5

Rushing:
ATT   YDS   AVG   LNG   TD
69   926   13.4   82   8

This guy is freaking insane, and he is only getting better.

He has another excellent (and young) back with him, a solid receiving corps and decent offensive line (their pass blocking needs work).

Arizona's defense is stupid young, but has some really good freshman. They give up a lot of yards to a sophisticated offense like Leachs, but they have athleticism and force plays.

This team is ridiculously young - something like 60 RS freshman/freshman on the roster.

Next week they have to go to USC, that game will be for the P12 South Conference lead. I don't think they are going to go in and knock USC off at home, but it is sure nice that if they did, it would not be a huge surprise.

They should go from unranked to in the low teens I would think.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21171679/behold-arizona-wildcats-khalil-tate-new-pac12afterdark-watch

Nice article on Tate written before the WSU game.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

PDH

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 28, 2017, 08:27:42 PM
Best game of the day is New Mexico State at Wyoming.  :P  That Wyoming QB won't get drafted in the first round, but he'll be in the pros somewhere based on pure balls.   :lol:

I was there, it was homecoming and I blew my Southwest points to fly to Denver, get picked up by my Nephew (who as a real job there as a civil engineer - hod bless STEM), and drive up to Laramie.  I lost my voice, I had to leave this morning at 430 to make my cheapest flight back...but GODDAMMIT, for one night Wyoming looked okay.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Admiral Yi

Hawkeyes playing an inspired game against the mighty Fuckeyes. :punk:

dps

Quote from: PDH on October 29, 2017, 02:36:27 PM
for one night Wyoming looked okay.

They're probably going to go bowling again this year (hope posting this doesn't jinx it for you PDH).

It's also looking like the only FBS teams from Florida that won't be going bowling are Florida and Florida State.  Who'd have guessed that?

katmai

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 04, 2017, 04:25:09 PM
Hawkeyes playing an inspired game against the mighty Fuckeyes. :punk:
:nelson: at the Ohio State.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Admiral Yi

grumbler

Ohio State and Penn State both go down.  Chaos in the B10 East.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

PDH

Well Iowa beat Wyoming - so they clearly are the best team.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 04, 2017, 07:33:44 PM
I don't have a boner.

See, for one week you get to know what it's like to be a Wyoming fan.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 04, 2017, 07:33:44 PM
I don't have a boner.

That's precisely why Mrs. Meyer made Mr. Meyer move there.

Ed Anger

Ed Anger

Heh didn't realize how big that was.