News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Whither Obamacare?

Started by Jacob, January 05, 2017, 01:25:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What will the GOP do to Obamacare?

There will be much sturm und drang, but ultimately no concrete action will be taken. It'll still be Obamacare.
5 (13.2%)
They'll attempt to rebrand it and own it, changing a few details, but otherwise leaving it in place.
6 (15.8%)
They'll replace it with something terrific that provides better coverage and cheaper too for the populace.
2 (5.3%)
They'll repeal it without a replacement, leaving large number of Americans without coverage for a significant period of time, perhaps forever.
17 (44.7%)
They'll repeal it with a replacement that screws over some people, but still covers some people significantly and call that an improvement.
7 (18.4%)
Some other outcome.
1 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 38

DGuller

I think the most likely explanation is that Trump would indeed be relieved for the repeal to fail without being blamed for it.  Otherwise he either gets it from people losing health insurance or people wanting the repeal (often the same people).

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

ULTIMATUM DENIED

MASSIVE LOSS OF FACE

THE EMPEROR HAS NO CLOTHES

Phillip V

Trump after receiving news of Obamacare repeal bill's failure.

derspiess

He's finished.  Administration will implode momentarily.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Minsky Moment

Someone needs to shop a picture of Trump in the truck playing chicken with Dukakis in the tank.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

I just noticed that mangy looking bald spot above Donald's ear.  Perhaps a result of my changing perception caused by his SUDDEN VULNERABILITY?

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: derspiess on March 24, 2017, 03:02:33 PM

*rimshot* 
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

FunkMonk

This Republican party is utterly incapable of governing, Jesus Christ  :lol:

2 months in and they have precious little to show for it.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Syt

Quote from: FunkMonk on March 24, 2017, 03:24:46 PM
This Republican party is utterly incapable of governing, Jesus Christ  :lol:

2 months in and they have precious little to show for it.

They're getting rid of regulations, and cut down on federal government by not appointing people to work in the agencies. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on March 24, 2017, 03:02:33 PM

Should've killed me in '13 when you had the chance.  Bitch.

Jacob

Quote from: Senator Bob Menendez‏ @SenatorMenendez
Hey Republicans, don't worry, that burn is covered under the Affordable Care Act

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Jacob on March 24, 2017, 03:45:04 PM
Quote from: Senator Bob Menendez‏ @SenatorMenendez
Hey Republicans, don't worry, that burn is covered under the Affordable Care Act

That's just retarded, sir.

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 24, 2017, 03:48:21 PM
That's just retarded, sir.

I don't think retardation is covered under the ACA. Better hope someone fixes that.