What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

https://twitter.com/AmerIndependent/status/1261340988947271683?s=20
Trump: Vaccine or no vaccine - we're back. And we're starting the process. And in many cases they don't have vaccines. And a virus or flu comes and you fight through it. We haven't seen anything like this in a hundred and some odd years, 1917. But you fight through it and people sometimes, I guess, we don't know exactly yet, but it looks like they become immune, at least for a short while and maybe for life, but you fight through it.

https://twitter.com/AmerIndependent/status/1261347325768634370?s=20
Trump: Very big factor, frankly, is that very few people are ... you know we read about all of the very sad, very tragic "I've lost friends". Many of us have lost friends. We read about that, we see that, and that's what the news covers, but a very very small ... it's a very small percentage. It's a very, very small percentage. I say it all the time. It's a tiny percentage. The vast majority - many people don't even know they have it. They have it, or they have sniffles, or they have a very minor sign, and they recover. Not only recover, they probably have immunity whether short term, long term.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

alfred russel

Quote from: Barrister on May 15, 2020, 01:48:27 PM
So Trump announces today the creation of "Operation Warp Speed", a concerted effort to have a vaccine ready and available by the end of the year.

Why the fuck didn't he do this in March?  (Of course better yet why not in January/February, but we know the answer to that one).

His team probably started it in March, but they needed until now to come up with an appropriately kick-ass name.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on May 15, 2020, 01:48:27 PM
So Trump announces today the creation of "Operation Warp Speed", a concerted effort to have a vaccine ready and available by the end of the year.

Why the fuck didn't he do this in March?  (Of course better yet why not in January/February, but we know the answer to that one).

Yeah I have been wondering why a "Manhattan Project" type effort was not made against this thing, the economic threat seemed to justify it. Glad to see the President and the Feds getting this started, better late than never.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Quote from: Syt on May 15, 2020, 12:24:29 PM
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-05-14/michigan-cancels-legislative-session-to-avoid-armed-protesters?sref=Zd9D2evu

QuoteMichigan Cancels Legislative Session to Avoid Armed Protesters

Michigan closed down its capitol in Lansing on Thursday and canceled its legislative session rather than face the possibility of an armed protest and death threats against Democratic Governor Gretchen Whitmer.

The gathering, meant to advocate opening the state for business despite the coronavirus pandemic, followed one April 30 that resulted in pictures of protesters clad in military-style gear and carrying long guns crowding the statehouse. They confronted police and taunted lawmakers.

The shutdown was done with little fanfare at the end of Wednesday's State Senate session. About 4:30 p.m., lawmakers in the Republican-majority chamber simply adjourned until Tuesday rather than call the next previously scheduled meeting for Thursday morning at 10 a.m. The Michigan State Police are closing the buildings due to the coronavirus, said spokesman Lieutenant Brian Oleksyk.

For the past week, lawmakers have been debating how to safely enable lawmakers to work and vote in session while the state's laws allow people to bring firearms into the capitol building. The debate grew more tense in recent days as some lawmakers read about threats to the governor's life on social media, which were published in the Detroit Metro Times.

Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel issued an opinion on May 11 saying that the State Capitol Commission -- a body of six lawmakers who oversee the building and its grounds -- could ban firearms. The commission voted to study a ban this week, but took no action.

Thursday's protest, billed as "Judgment Day," was organized by the right-wing group Michigan United for Liberty, which is protesting the state's extended stay-at-home order. Whitmer pushed the order to the end of May while giving automakers, their suppliers and other manufacturers the green light to go back to work. On its Facebook page, the group posted a memo asking that protesters remain peaceful.

Still, lawmakers feared a repeat of April 30, when armed protesters entered the Senate Chamber and stood above them in a visitors gallery during the session.

State Senator Dayna Polehanki, a Democrat, on Tuesday proposed a bill to ban firearms in the capitol building. The bill has heavy support from her party.

Is Michigan as completely retarded as this makes it sound?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Gosh Michigan House if only somebody in Michigan had authority to change the laws?

Doesn't the Constitution* require them to meet for certain periods of time? If they cannot do the business they were elected to do because of some radical minority intimidating them with firearms then pass a law to make sure they can do business. If not just suck it  up and meet anyway.

*Constitution of Michigan, not the US just to clarify.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

HisMajestyBOB

Being spineless let's them avoid doing anything.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

The Brain

Michigan: makes law that lets people carry guns in the capitol building
People: carry guns in the capitol building
Michigan: *surprised pikachu face*

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

I'd really like for someone to ask Trump how many deaths are an acceptable cost for reopening the economy.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Space Force can supply Stalingrad indefinitely. Don't worry.

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on May 15, 2020, 03:13:59 PM
Gosh Michigan House if only somebody in Michigan had authority to change the laws?

Doesn't the Constitution* require them to meet for certain periods of time? If they cannot do the business they were elected to do because of some radical minority intimidating them with firearms then pass a law to make sure they can do business. If not just suck it  up and meet anyway.

*Constitution of Michigan, not the US just to clarify.

They have to meet in January (second Wednesday) and after that, it's up to them.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote from: grumbler on May 15, 2020, 06:07:08 PM
They have to meet in January (second Wednesday) and after that, it's up to them.

Gotcha. I guess they figure once they have to meet again all the gun people will be gone.

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on May 15, 2020, 06:52:57 PM

Gotcha. I guess they figure once they have to meet again all the gun people will be gone.

Surely you don't think the Pandemic will be that bad. :o
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on May 15, 2020, 08:20:46 PM
Quote from: Valmy on May 15, 2020, 06:52:57 PM

Surely you don't think the Pandemic will be that bad. :o

Nah it will just be too cold in Michigan in January to go out protesting.

Eddie Teach

Not if they're allowed in the building.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?