And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iormlund

Quote from: Tamas on January 30, 2018, 11:23:02 AM
https://twitter.com/Evan_McMullin/status/958151715651555329

QuoteDon't be too distracted by the Nunes memo scheme, the most important news of the night is Trump's refusal to implement new sanctions on Moscow needed to deter its ongoing influence operations.

So what's up with that?
Nothing to worry about. Just the Executive deciding which things passed by Congress it actually wants to implement.

I'm sure the GOP will start the impeachment procedure first thing tomorrow. :hmm:

Habbaku

So, there's no way we don't get a new war this year, right?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

derspiess

So are you guys discussing the State of the Union somewhere I don't have access to?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on January 31, 2018, 01:29:27 PM
So are you guys discussing the State of the Union somewhere I don't have access to?

Nope. Feel free to discuss it here.

I am sure he will say some misguided notions and outright lies and then the Democrats will brilliantly point out where he was wrong and bad and should feel bad. The nation will rally to the Democrats with thunderous cheers.

I heard some rumor some of the resistance will be having some sort of alternative speech, which sounds stupid. But then this is a stupid age.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Berkut

There is definitely a sense of exhaustion. I didn't watch the SotU, but am I correct in thinking it went something like this?

BLALBALBLAHIAMSOOSSUMSTOCKMARKETBLAHBLAHPEOPLELOVEMEOMGSOAWESOMEBLAGBLAHOBAMASUCKSCLINTONCRIMINALWHATBAOUTTHEEMAILS

for a couple hours? I suspect something like 75% I am so great and 25% its going to great when we get the wall?

There isn't anything new to learn. We know all there is to know. He isn't going to do anything new, just the same old crap with a slight twist, and the spiceys of the world will quietly cheer him on and the rest of us will be appalled.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

I already read about it but had no desire to watch it or say anything about it. With Trump who cares what he says in a prepared speech? It has very little to do with his actual actions.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 31, 2018, 01:56:27 PM
Wasn't it yesterday?!

Was it? Well I bet I got it all right anyway.

Shows how much I get excited about the President.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Man, Seedy leaves and suddenly you guys go all low energy.  So sad!
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Minsky Moment

Apparently Donald Trump really liked the speech.  He couldn't stop clapping.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Minsky Moment

Never have hands so small sounded so loud.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Eddie Teach

I see Minsky is getting ready to take over for Conan.  :D
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Minsky Moment

If you just imagine Donald Trump as a spoiled and badly behaved 6 year old boy, everything he does and says starts to make sense.
--Joan Robinson

grumbler

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 31, 2018, 03:29:17 PM
If you just imagine Donald Trump as a spoiled and badly behaved 6 year old boy, everything he does and says starts to make sense.

Now you have to apologize to the spoiled and badly behaved 6 year old boys.  Won't you ever learn?

Hint:  Avoid Hitler comparisons, but Pol Pot is fair game.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!