News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 25, 2018, 06:48:59 PM
What an odd offer.  Trump's campaign was about illegal immigration and Muslim terrorist immigration.  When did he develop a beef with legal immigration in general.

I would take the deal if I were the Dems.  Citizenship is for ever and immigration quotas can be reversed.

That could have something to do with chain migration.  He's talked about that in the past.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

grumbler

Quote from: derspiess on January 29, 2018, 08:44:55 AM
That could have something to do with chain migration.  He's talked about that in the past.

Elimination of chain migration (for the Dreamers) was in the deal he refused.

This is a simple hostage situation.  I think the Dems are safe in calling the Republican bluff; public opinion is strongly on the side of the dreamers, and not even Trump wants to be the Grinch in this scenario.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Savonarola

A sign of the times if there ever was one:

Hillary Clinton Reads 'Fire and Fury' at the Grammys

It's 2018 and the 2016 Presidential Campaign still isn't over.   :(

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Monoriu

Music events should be about music.  I am amazed how they can politicise themselves to such a degree. 

garbon

Quote from: Monoriu on January 29, 2018, 06:10:39 PM
Music events should be about music.  I am amazed how they can politicise themselves to such a degree. 

Do you ever find yourself tired of yourself?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

That's not really a peculiar Mono sentiment.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maladict

Quote from: garbon on January 29, 2018, 06:14:06 PM

Do you ever find yourself tired of yourself?

Wouldn't that upset the status quo?

garbon

Doesn't the world run on self-loathing?

Valmy

You are? I mean this is the US here. Tons of our music is political.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Tamas

https://twitter.com/Evan_McMullin/status/958151715651555329

QuoteDon't be too distracted by the Nunes memo scheme, the most important news of the night is Trump's refusal to implement new sanctions on Moscow needed to deter its ongoing influence operations.

So what's up with that?