News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Why didn't you use the pic with the smiling haberdasher? Looks so serious.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on January 19, 2018, 02:23:39 PM
Quote from: derspiess on January 19, 2018, 10:57:21 AM
And this was fake:

So was this!

(snip)

There's a difference between "fake" and "wrong."  The Tribune edition was released deliberately, and was just wrong.  The Clinton issue was never supposed to be released (there was a corresponding Trump edition, and the version that was to be released would be the one that was correct) and was released by mistake.  It wasn't wrong, per se, it was just released in a clerical mixup.  Neither was "fake."  The Trumpeters do so love that word, though, don't they?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

mongers

:huh:

Including Germany, Saudi Arabia and South Korean that haven't had a US ambassador for the duration of the trump period.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

celedhring

The new US ambassador to Spain took his post less than a month ago, after a year of vacancy.

Spain >>>> Germany  :showoff:

The Brain

Camerus

What influence is this having on Martim's lunching?

Grinning_Colossus

Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

garbon

I like the notion of Trump getting a massive protest each anniversary that he is in power.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Iormlund

Quote from: mongers on January 20, 2018, 08:20:30 AM

:huh:

Including Germany, Saudi Arabia and South Korean that haven't had a US ambassador for the duration of the trump period.

What's the reason for this? Some of those seem the kind of post you can give to a donor, but the rest probably need an actual diplomat, due to the lack of attractiveness of the place or its geopolitical importance (SA, Morocco, Egypt, Jordan, Germany).

The Brain

Should put a competent ambassador in Germany to help negotiate the bilateral trade treaty.

jimmy olsen

Despite the caterwalling about capitulation in some corners in the net, I think this a pretty good compromise.

The Dems get CHIP funded for six years in return for a three week spending bill. If the GOP refuses to pass DACA legislation the Dems will just shut it down again in February. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/senate-poised-pass-bill-end-government-shutdown-n839861
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Minsky Moment

I'm glad there's a deal, hope it sticks.  I don't agree with holding the entire federal gov't hijack, regardless of who does it. 
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

garbon

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 22, 2018, 10:23:44 PM
I'm glad there's a deal, hope it sticks.  I don't agree with holding the entire federal gov't hijack, regardless of who does it. 

I'm kinda tired of the party of honorable losers.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.