News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: derspiess on December 20, 2017, 11:46:22 AM
http://news.gallup.com/poll/224330/hillary-clinton-favorable-rating-new-low.aspx

And Trump's job approval rating is 36%.  So they're kinda tied :lol:

WTF is the relevance of her rating now?  :hmm:

Anyone would think the damned election never actually ended.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

grumbler

Quote from: Malthus on December 20, 2017, 11:50:57 AM
http://news.gallup.com/poll/224330/hillary-clinton-favorable-rating-new-low.aspx

Really.  The fascination that the Spicey's of the world have with certain private individuals is kinda stalker-like.  Next he'll be sharing the poll figures for Monica Lewinsky.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Malthus on December 20, 2017, 11:50:57 AM

The state needs the enemies of the state.

Valmy

Well I hope that doesn't hurt her book sales.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: HVC on December 20, 2017, 11:50:17 AM
why are they even still tracking her?

For fun, maybe?  Also some people haven't gotten over the election yet, so maybe it's for them.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

grumbler

Quote from: derspiess on December 20, 2017, 12:52:18 PM
Quote from: HVC on December 20, 2017, 11:50:17 AM
why are they even still tracking her?

For fun, maybe?  Also some people I haven't gotten over the election yet, so maybe it's for them me.
FTFY.  You are the only one bringing this up, so it's clear who "some people" are in this case.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

grumbler

Okay.  Maybe you aren't capable of that sort of self-reflection, but it's clear to us.

Bayraktar!

Admiral Yi

FunkMonk

Looks like the Rs actually got something major passed. Finally the Donald will be able to point to something yuge that happened in his Administration. I have to admit, the R record for incompetence in both Congress and the WH had me thinking even today that they would fuck it up bigly. 
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

The Larch

QuoteDonald Trump threatens to cut aid to countries over UN Jerusalem vote

General assembly to vote on rejecting US recognition of city as Israeli capital
    Trump: 'We're not going to be taken advantage of any longer'

Donald Trump has threatened to withhold "billions" of dollars of US aid from countries which vote in favour of a United Nations resolution rejecting the US president's recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

is comments came after the US ambassador to the UN, Nikki Haley warned member states that she will be "taking names" of countries that vote for a general assembly resolution on Thursday critical of the announcement which overturned decades of US foreign policy.

Speaking at a cabinet meeting on Wednesday, Trump said: "Let them vote against us. We'll save a lot. We don't care. But this isn't like it used to be where they could vote against you and then you pay them hundreds of millions of dollars," he said. "We're not going to be taken advantage of any longer."

I thought that the traditional US position on UN's General Assembly votes was to basically ignore them. Obviously if you feel the need to punish whoever votes against you it means that you do care, no matter how loudly you proclame that you don't care.

Admiral Yi

Nikki Haley has not done very much to distinguish herself as one of the grownups in the Trump administration.

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 20, 2017, 02:36:34 PM
Nikki Haley has not done very much to distinguish herself as one of the grownups in the Trump administration.

It really is like a sinkhole with everyone eventually debasing themselves.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Legbiter

Quote from: FunkMonk on December 20, 2017, 01:57:23 PM
Looks like the Rs actually got something major passed. Finally the Donald will be able to point to something yuge that happened in his Administration. I have to admit, the R record for incompetence in both Congress and the WH had me thinking even today that they would fuck it up bigly.

:lol:

You could be forgiven for thinking that.

It's interesting though how the media narrative around Trump has shifted quickly from Literally Hitler at first to Incompetent Trump during the summer and now to Somewhat Effective But We Don't Like It at the end of the year.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Valmy

Quote from: Legbiter on December 20, 2017, 03:01:05 PM
It's interesting though how the media narrative around Trump has shifted quickly from Literally Hitler at first to Incompetent Trump during the summer and now to Somewhat Effective But We Don't Like It at the end of the year.

I haven't noticed this at all. Where do you get your narrative on the media narrative from? The same place you get your hysterical nonsense about investigations?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."