And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on August 17, 2017, 03:23:08 AM
Quote from: The Brain on August 17, 2017, 03:15:44 AM
What's the deal with the people working in the White House? I read that several of them were very upset by Trump's comments (one of them supposedly "deeply disturbed" and "disgusted"). If my employer ever made me disgusted I would quit the same day, yet these people labor on under Trump. The White House appears to be staffed by a combination of Nazis and pathetically spineless losers (with significant overlap).

Well not everyone has the resources to just quit without another job available, CdM?

They should all go to North Dakota!

Berkut

Quote from: Solmyr on August 17, 2017, 06:27:59 AM
Quote from: DGuller on August 16, 2017, 08:01:34 PM
Quote from: derspiess on August 16, 2017, 07:36:43 PM
Quote from: DGuller on August 16, 2017, 06:12:58 PM
Quote from: Tamas on August 16, 2017, 03:02:53 PM
BTW its interesting to see how the populists' radicalisation of politics is working out.

Here on this forum we have garbon being even more bitchy than usual every time what he considers canon is being referred to disrespectfully, and we have Jacob and Solmyr howling for nazi blood, ready to turn streets into battlefields because of a couple of hundred losers posering in a country of more than 300 million.
You went too far the other way.  The issue is not with the couple of hundred of losers.  The issue is with the tens of millions of closeted fascists that are getting emboldened.  Sometimes you need a particular moment to serve as a catalyst for such realization.

Am I a closeted fascist?
It's complicated.  You're haven't been closeted for quite some time, but you haven't yet come out either.  You keep saying things in a way that always leave some barely plausible deniability.  Cowardly, maybe?

Derspiess is exactly the type of guy who'd go to a white supremacist march and then whine and complain about being named and shamed.

He would just say "Just because I was there, and helping that guy carry that sign doesn't PROVE that I am a white supremacist! You can't PROVE IT!!!! <sob> I don't care what you think anyway!"
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 17, 2017, 05:39:50 AM
And the police aren't stopping them because it's unconstitutional, not because the cops are racist too.

Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 17, 2017, 06:16:48 AM
Quote from: garbon on August 17, 2017, 05:58:26 AM
Yeah, I don't think anyone is suggesting that the nazis can't march.

Tim's cartoonist was. "Our racist police aren't doing anything about literal Nazis marching in the streets."

Don't be naive. Police break up BLM protests all the time without waiting for them to do anything violent. Scary black people on the march get the hammer. Good old boys get the benefit of the doubt until they start knocking heads and then the police'll mosey on over to break up the ensuing melee.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 17, 2017, 07:23:33 AM
Scary black people on the march get the hammer. Good old boys get the benefit of the doubt until they start knocking heads and then the police'll mosey on over to break up the ensuing melee.

John Lewis didn't get those scars on the Pettus Bridge because he was the one that dialed 911.

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 17, 2017, 07:30:08 AM
Scary black people on the march get the hammer. Good old boys get the benefit of the doubt until they start knocking heads and then the police'll mosey on over to break up the ensuing melee.

John Lewis didn't get those scars on the Pettus Bridge because he was the one that dialed 911.
https://www.johnlewis.com/

:unsure:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

sbr

Quote from: Tamas on August 17, 2017, 04:04:57 AM
QuoteI stood with a group of interfaith clergy and other people of faith in a nonviolent direct action meant to keep the white nationalists from entering the park to their hate rally. We had far fewer people holding the line than we had hoped for, and frankly, it wasn't enough. No police officers in sight (that I could see from where I stood), and we were prepared to be beaten to a bloody pulp to show that while the state permitted white nationalists to rally in hate, in the many names of God, we did not. But we didn't have to because the anarchists and anti-fascists got to them before they could get to us. I've never felt more grateful and more ashamed at the same time. The antifa were like angels to me in that moment.

But see, this is the police's fault. If there is a demonstration by extremists who are known to be violent, there should be riot police ready to stomp their guts out if they start something. If the Hungarian police can manage to send riot police to keep high school and university students in check, surely the American one can deal with some neo-Nazis?

If the police failed to prevent violence, then this must be investigated and public pressure put on them to actually do their job, and stop turning a blind eye just because their ranks are full of nazis as well.

But the correct response of society is NOT to have vigilante militias take over from the police.

It's almost like there ous a systemic problem with cops, and the rest of the criminal justice system in the US. I wonder why no one had mentioned this recently.

grumbler

Don't be naive. Police break up BLM protests all the time without waiting for them to do anything violent. Scary black people on the march get the hammer. Good old boys get the benefit of the doubt until they start knocking heads and then the police'll mosey on over to break up the ensuing melee.

Can you give us two examples of BLM marches broken up by the police in the last, oh, couple of months (should be easy if they do it "all the time")?

I think this is just virtue-signalling bullshit, myself.  Issues like racism can't be discussed fruitfully if the starting positions on both sides are deliberate lies.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

QuoteDonald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Sad to see the history and culture of our great country being ripped apart with the removal of our beautiful statues and monuments. You.....

...can't change history, but you can learn from it. Robert E Lee, Stonewall Jackson - who's next, Washington, Jefferson? So foolish! Also...

...the beauty that is being taken out of our cities, towns and parks will be greatly missed and never able to be comparably replaced!
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

:lol:

It's wonderful. I hope he keeps committing himself to the side that marches under swastikas.

Syt

We should put up statues of Hitler, Himmler, etc. in Germany and Austria, so people can learn from them. :)
—Stephen Jay Gould

Ed Anger

The My Pillow guy still stands with Trump.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on August 17, 2017, 08:36:31 AM
We should put up statues of Hitler, Himmler, etc. in Germany and Austria, so people can learn from them. :)

Would make parks look nicer, too!!!

garbon

Quote from: Syt on August 17, 2017, 08:22:07 AM
QuoteDonald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Sad to see the history and culture of our great country being ripped apart with the removal of our beautiful statues and monuments. You.....

...can't change history, but you can learn from it. Robert E Lee, Stonewall Jackson - who's next, Washington, Jefferson? So foolish! Also...

...the beauty that is being taken out of our cities, towns and parks will be greatly missed and never able to be comparably replaced!

I like what Colbert said about how this was indeed changing history as...

QuoteYes, down a statue is totally changing history. Because the main way anybody learns about history is through statue-based study. That's how we know that Abraham Lincoln was 20 feet tall and loved sitting down.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.