What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 24, 2017, 08:26:03 PM
QuoteDan Zak @MrDanZak
·
2h

Trump tells the Boy Scouts he's going to kill Obamacare; Boy Scouts respond with chants of "U-S-A! U-S-A!"

:lol:

They must have cherry picked.  Boys Scouts I've known have not been retards.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 24, 2017, 09:07:58 PM
They must have cherry picked.  Boys Scouts I've known have not been retards.

Boy Scouts are not retards.  The Boy Scouts of America getting worked up into a lather at their national jamboree by the Retard-in-Chief and assorted Cabinet guests, well...

Trump slams GOP senators, 'dishonest' press, Obama and Clinton in a rambling speech to national Boy Scouts Jamboree

QuoteTrump praised the Scouts for their pledges to be trustworthy and loyal, and encouraged them to "never quit" and to "do something you love." But repeatedly he went off script to make political points.

"We could use some more loyalty, I could tell you that," Trump said of Republicans in Congress. Within the first minute he attacked the press -- "fake news" -- twice and came back to the subject of "these dishonest people" later.

Of his predecessor, Trump interjected, "By the way, did President Obama ever come to a jamboree? The answer's no." When he vowed to kill Obamacare, the crowd chanted, "USA! USA!"

QuoteIn one extended tangent that surely confused many Scouts, Trump described a long-ago cocktail party conversation with pioneering real estate developer William Levitt. Levitt was "a very successful man," Trump told the Scouts, but sold his business and "lost his momentum." Although Levitt is considered the architect of postwar American suburbia, he was also known for ensuring that properties were sold only to whites and non-Jews.

:lol:  It's like a rambling Bette Davis video will.
http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/video-will/n9823?snl=1

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Really? He made that kind of speech to the Boy Scouts?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on July 24, 2017, 09:22:54 PM

:lol: Dude have you not watched the evening news?  It was a jamboree of Trump vomit  :lol:

dps

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 23, 2017, 06:37:47 PM
Quote from: dps on July 23, 2017, 05:00:39 PM
Quote from: DontSayBanana on July 23, 2017, 10:00:25 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 23, 2017, 09:40:41 AM
AFAIK his power to pardon is pretty much unlimited.

It doesn't cover impeachment, so it won't save his job or any other cabinet official (so, say, they could still kick Rex Tillerson out despite a presidential pardon).

Most of the analysis I've heard is:

1) Only for federal crimes, not for state,
2) Not for himself, and
3) Being considered an admission of guilt, may actually advance a case for obstruction of justice against The Don himself.

Accepting parole is an admission of guilt.  AFAIK, accepting a pardon is not.  In fact, the President can pardon people for crimes that they haven't even been charged with.
I believe you do have to accept guilt to accept a pardon and it removes 5th amendment protection. You have to testify against other folks involved if you take a pardon.

Uh, no. 

A pardon can be made conditionally, but it can also be made unconditionally.

jimmy olsen

I liked the Yacht story
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

QuoteDPRK News Service @DPRK_News
·
21m

US attorney Jefferson Sessions promoted to Court Fool by Donald Trump. New duties include groveling, and being whipped to please his master.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Minsky Moment

He isn't going to stop pissing on the country until the idiot 30% that back him no matter what stop insisting it's free lemonade.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: dps on July 24, 2017, 10:05:04 PM

If it's unconditional wouldn't it be the equivalent of immunity?  And hence a subpoena to compel testimony could be enforced without running afoul of the Fifth.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

mongers

This boy scout jamboree, not a new low from Trump, merely a different sort of low you could have never imagined happening.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 25, 2017, 09:25:06 AM

He isn't going to stop pissing on the country until the idiot 30% that back him no matter what stop insisting it's free lemonade.

:x
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: dps on July 24, 2017, 10:05:04 PM
Uh, no. 

Dude, no.

Burdick v. United States:
"There are substantial differences between legislative immunity and a pardon; the latter carries an imputation of guilt and acceptance of a confession of it, while the former is noncommittal, and tantamount to silence of the witness."

Acceptance of a pardon is by definition an admission of guilt: if there's no guilt, there's nothing to pardon.
Experience bij!