News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Valmy on July 24, 2017, 09:29:48 AM
Can't you appoint people to do that Mr. President?

Oh that other shoe is midway to the floor now.
What a simple appeal to moral decency couldn't achieve - keeping Sessions out of the AG - President Syracuse Head will do himself.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

Please, Please, Please, Please, Please prosecute Clinton!  That would solve a big problem for the Democrats and create a precedent for something that Trump would really not like.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

So I like how Kush's stance is I did nothing, I was inexperienced and anything that resembles something suspicious was an innocent mistake.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

frunk

Quote from: garbon on July 24, 2017, 01:11:59 PM
So I like how Kush's stance is I did nothing, I was inexperienced and anything that resembles something suspicious was an innocent mistake.

It would be more believable if, you know, there hadn't been a news story from earlier this year about how he hadn't put anything in that section.  Innocent mistakes, once they are pointed out, presumably get corrected right away.

It would also be more believable except just about every other member of this administration also had huge gaps in this section.

CountDeMoney

It would be even more believable if he weren't a piece of shit from a piece of shit family. He fits right in with that crowd.

Ed Anger

QuoteDan Zak @MrDanZak
ยท
2h

Trump tells the Boy Scouts he's going to kill Obamacare; Boy Scouts respond with chants of "U-S-A! U-S-A!"

:lol:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

:lol:

QuoteDoug Landry  ‎@dougblandry 

Pretty sure Donald Trump just told a group of 40,000 Boy Scouts about the "path to American sex"
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Even Magpies can pass the mirror test, but can the president?  :hmm:

https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/889622082782449665?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.somethingawful.com%2Fshowthread.php%3Fthreadid%3D3821460%26userid%3D0%26perpage%3D40%26pagenumber%3D1639

Josh Dawsey‏Verified account
@jdawsey1 

Senior White House official says Sessions-Trump may get worse because Trump watches TV coverage of him criticizing Sessions and gets madder.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point