Sarah Palin resigns Governorship to gear up for 2012

Started by Phillip V, July 03, 2009, 02:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fate

Quote from: Berkut on July 07, 2009, 09:01:29 AM
It's funny, I am trying to find the evidence of Bristol Palins idiocy in regards to contraception.

From the links Marty provided but clearly did not read, her position is that abstinence is the only certain method of birth control, as her own example makes clear, since she did in fact use condoms "most of the time" and she also stated that it is "not at all realistic" to expect that teens won't have sex. Most of her activism has been centered, as far as I can tell, around pregnancy awareness.

I am guessing that the people who are going after this young woman on anonymous message boards don't have a fraction of her courage. Anyone think Marty or Fate would have the balls to call her a "retarded whore" to her face?

Yes. Retard whore. It doesn't take courage to lie down and fuck a white trash meth addict. It takes courage to walk into the clinic and get an abortion. She shrieked from her responsibility.

KRonn

Palin's daughter having a kid is a political embarrassment but I really don't buy that it's all that big a deal, except to those who make politics the rule and see things through that prism. Palin believes in abstinence (maybe other birth control methods, don't know). Not every method works 100%. But we get the haters, those who have a thing for birth control, abortion, as strong issues but who just have to trash someone if they use abstinence. Do we trash people using contraceptives but who get pregnant anyway? It's partly ideology and is just way over the top. In fact, I give the Palin family more credit for dealing with what happened pretty well. The daughter has been on some tv spots or what ever talking about how it's a bad idea to get pregnant out of wedlock, or at such a young age. Talking to other young girls about the problems and pitfalls of it. But the pundits and angry folks ignore that good message and just focus on the trashing. I just don't care that much about it, but it's become so political it's just nuts. TV talk shows had the father of the kid on tv spots talking about what ever, made a circus of that.

I don't find Palin a political figure I can support, but she continues to get more sympathy from me due to the vultures trashing every little thing. Just too much. PDS - Palin Derangement Syndrome.

KRonn

Quote from: Fate on July 07, 2009, 09:05:21 AM
It's funny, I am trying to find the evidence of Bristol Palins idiocy in regards to contraception.

From the links Marty provided but clearly did not read, her position is that abstinence is the only certain method of birth control, as her own example makes clear, since she did in fact use condoms "most of the time" and she also stated that it is "not at all realistic" to expect that teens won't have sex. Most of her activism has been centered, as far as I can tell, around pregnancy awareness.

I am guessing that the people who are going after this young woman on anonymous message boards don't have a fraction of her courage. Anyone think Marty or Fate would have the balls to call her a "retarded whore" to her face?

Yes. Retard whore. It doesn't take courage to lie down and fuck a white trash meth addict. It takes courage to walk into the clinic and get an abortion. She shrieked from her responsibility.
Like far too many kids do today. And because of your angry, hateful political ideology, you come out with trash because the person in question, her mother actually, is of the other political side. You made the point I was alluding to in my previous post.

grumbler

Quote from: frunk on July 06, 2009, 01:22:36 PM
Try http://www.politico.com/pdf/PPM124_release_for_7-4-09-1.pdf
Thanks.  JR is right, though:  this is so absurd as to be unintentional farce.  Couldn't Palin even afford competent lawyers?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Fate

We have to remember, the quality of lawyer she's getting is on par with the likes of BarristerBoy. Who else would want to move up to such a god awful climate?

Darth Wagtaros

To be fair most of those were concered with how hot she is.
Quote from: DisturbedPervert on July 07, 2009, 08:41:37 AM
Quote from: Fate on July 07, 2009, 08:37:44 AM
No. What a bunch of revisionist history. There was a GOP oriented mega thread and a Democrat oriented mega thread.

Bull fucking shit.  At one point I counted 32 separate Sarah Palin threads.
PDH!

grumbler

Quote from: Phillip V on July 06, 2009, 05:29:30 PM
Clinton won by more electoral votes than Obama in 1992 (200+), but only beat Bush, Sr. in the popular vote by less than 3 percentage points. EVs do not reflect popularity. Reagan swooped into the White House with an almost 10-point popular margin.
Obama won a greater percentage of the popular vote than Reagan did.  So what?

Not sure what you are trying to prove here.  Palin was a net negative to the McCain ticket, and I don't think anyone can seriously question that.  McCain gambled on her, and looked good for a few days, and then crashed.

You can argue that each and every time she screwed the pooch, it was because of something like "it is hard to say what magazines one reads," but the only good thing about Palin for her supporters is that they never have to explain why she did something right!
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote from: Fate on July 07, 2009, 09:26:17 AM
We have to remember, the quality of lawyer she's getting is likely on par with the likes of BarristerBoy. Who else would want to move up to such a god awful climate?

:angry:

BB is the greatest lawman north of Skagway!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Dont think you will find any either.

My recollection is that shortly after Palin was selected as the running mate stories began circulating in the media about her daughter's pregnancy which in turn raised questions about Palin's stance on abortion.  The way she dealt with that issue made her very popular with the Religious Right - something McCain needed.

Now Marty wants us to think Palin's daughter is a retarded whore.  :rolleyes:  It is the Martys of the world that ironically ensure Palin's popularity and her place in the spot light as the paragon of the Religious Right fighting against these personal attacks.

Berkut

I just think it is funny that it is the supposed "progressives" who are calling her a "retarded whore" because she got pregnant out of marriage.

Why, that sounds so very...Conservitard!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on July 07, 2009, 10:22:28 AM
I just think it is funny that it is the supposed "progressives" who are calling her a "retarded whore" because she got pregnant out of marriage.

Mere logic and intellectual honesty does not stop Marti from adopting GOPtard stances when the whim strikes.  It's not like he was "progressive" out of conviction, or anything.

Bayraktar!

Sheilbh

Which 'progressives'?  Do you mean Marti?  He may have many personalities but he's still just one.
Let's bomb Russia!

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 07, 2009, 11:31:31 AM

Which 'progressives'?  Do you mean Marti?  He may have many personalities but he's still just one.
Valmy.
PDH!

Valmy

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on July 07, 2009, 11:36:40 AM
Valmy.

I must have missed when I said anything at all about caring about her daughter getting pregnant out of marriage.

It was politically embarrasing for Palin but that's it.  Again what Marty says about something is not my opinion despite what some people in this thread seem to think.  :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Valmy on July 07, 2009, 11:38:14 AM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on July 07, 2009, 11:36:40 AM
Valmy.

I must have missed when I said anything at all about caring about her daughter getting pregnant out of marriage.

It was politically embarrasing for Palin but that's it.  Again what Marty says about something is not my opinion despite what some people in this thread seem to think.  :P
Whatever.  You're left wing reactionary views are well stated.
PDH!