News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Who's your dead celebrity crush?

Started by Brazen, December 15, 2015, 09:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 16, 2015, 05:10:18 AM
Jimmy Stewart looks and sounds to me just like my grandfather. They were cousins. It makes watching his movies a slightly more interesting experience.

:o
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Norgy

Syt

As my German teacher used to say when she covered Greek mythology: "They sieged Troy for 10 years - why they stayed so long I will never understand. By that point Helen must have been quite used up and wasted. Life was rough in those days."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Brazen

Quote from: Syt on December 16, 2015, 05:13:05 AM
Jimmy Stewart looks and sounds to me just like my grandfather. They were cousins. It makes watching his movies a slightly more interesting experience.

:o :o

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: katmai on December 15, 2015, 07:45:30 PM
How would that be cheating MiM?

Well, I mean, Murphy was great, but when she was alive, she was the same age as me. So it's not really in line with the black and white pictures answers if you know what I mean.

I didn't want to be number three or four to say Audrey Hepburn.

I also thought of Laura Petrie. But MTM isn't dead either.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Larch

crazy canuck

Quote from: Brazen on December 16, 2015, 05:29:29 AM

:o :o :o

You have been holding out on us all these years  :mad:

Pedrito

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 16, 2015, 05:43:16 PM
Quote from: Brazen on December 16, 2015, 05:29:29 AM

:o :o :o

You have been holding out on us all these years  :mad:
No, he already talked about it in athread about being relatives of famous people.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Sophie Scholl

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Josephus

Honestly don't wanna do it with any dead person
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Caliga

One of the Tsar Nicholas II's daughters (not Anastasia, an older one) was shockingly hot for her time.  Not sure I'd vote for her, but I thought I'd give her a mention at least.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Jacob

Quote from: Caliga on December 16, 2015, 08:00:52 PM
One of the Tsar Nicholas II's daughters (not Anastasia, an older one) was shockingly hot for her time.  Not sure I'd vote for her, but I thought I'd give her a mention at least.

Picture?

Savonarola

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on December 16, 2015, 06:35:44 PM
Louise Brooks  :worthy:

I was going to name her as my silent movie jest; but I thought Anna May Wong might draw out Ide if he's lurking.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Savonarola on December 16, 2015, 08:41:59 PM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on December 16, 2015, 06:35:44 PM
Louise Brooks  :worthy:

I was going to name her as my silent movie jest; but I thought Anna May Wong might draw out Ide if he's lurking.

I talked to him, he's just taking a break. He's done it before. He'll come back someday.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point