News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Who's your dead celebrity crush?

Started by Brazen, December 15, 2015, 09:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Charlotte Corday.

So Beautiful yet so dangerous and reactionary :wub:

Note: May not have actually looked like this.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Liep

Quote from: Valmy on December 15, 2015, 01:31:30 PM
Charlotte Corday.

So Beautiful yet so dangerous and reactionary :wub:

If we're going this far back we might as well just list the Bugle's Hotties From History.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Monoriu

Barbara Yung

She isn't really known outside the Chinese world, but she was arguably the most popular Hong Kong TV actress in the early 80s.  Back then, there was no real TV drama production in mainland China.  Only Hong Kong or Taiwan, so she didn't have much competition.  She possessed both beauty and acting skills, and was particularly well-known for her roles in period Chinese dramas.  In a development that shocked the Chinese world, she killed herself in her mid-20s, at the peak of her career, likely due to her troubles with her boyfriend. 

Tonitrus

Gail Russell...mostly from her part from the John Wayne flick, Angel and the Badman...too damned cute.  Alas, drank herself to death at a young age.

Archy

Brazen

Masako Natsume may be one dead celebrity crush who confused a lot of us.

MadImmortalMan

Jimmy Stewart looks and sounds to me just like my grandfather. They were cousins. It makes watching his movies a slightly more interesting experience.

Also, those eyebrows and widow's peak are strongly heritable. My brothers and I all have them.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers