Main Menu

Who's your dead celebrity crush?

Started by Brazen, December 15, 2015, 09:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brazen

For me it would be a toss-up between James Stewart

and Yuri Gagarin.

:wub:
Given the choice in heaven, Jimmy would have the edge.

grumbler

I'll confess;  I didn't see this thread coming.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

I have a long-standing crush on right-wing chicks. So it's gotta be Leni Riefenstahl  :blush:

Dat tingle.

Lauren Bacall, too, for a less ideologically-troubling crush.

Gups

Since Syt's already chosen Audrey, the bounder, I'll go for

Although it was her voice more than anything...

Norgy

Liep

Hanne Borchsenius:

From the Danish movie series: "Støv på hjernen", still some of my favourite comedies from the '60s.

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

I'd fight Syt for Audrey Hepburn.

If he wins, then:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Norgy

Quote from: Liep on December 15, 2015, 09:36:31 AM
Hanne Borchsenius:

From the Danish movie series: "Støv på hjernen", still some of my favourite comedies from the '60s.

Sharp elbows.

mongers

Ingrid Pitt:

Not the best of photos, but most of the image search results are verging on the NSFW, so I posted this non-cleavage one.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Gups

mongers

Quote from: Gups on December 15, 2015, 10:09:49 AM
Quote from: mongers on December 15, 2015, 10:08:23 AM
so I posted this non-cleavage one.

Seriously, what is wrong with you?

:D

Perhaps it's an artefact of internet search bias, I guess people/websites tend to link to more sexual content, so an actress who's appeared nude or worn a lot of cleavage emphasising costumes ends up with those dominating all other image search results.

edit:
I should add most of my favourite classic movie actresses are, thank goodness, still alive; Dianna Rigg, Julie Christie, Claudia Cardinale, Raquel Welch.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

Welle:Erdball wrote a song about the appeal of old time divas and actresses: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_AfUNAtcZU

"Nur tote Frauen sind schön" (Only dead women are beautiful)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Savonarola

Anna May Wong, of course:

;)

Seriously, probably Liz:

:wub:
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Norgy

Quote from: Gups on December 15, 2015, 10:09:49 AM
Quote from: mongers on December 15, 2015, 10:08:23 AM
so I posted this non-cleavage one.

Seriously, what is wrong with you?

He doesn't even like football, so there must be something.