If Islam is the problem, what is the solution?

Started by Razgovory, November 25, 2015, 11:06:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

We have a lot of people on this board who have declared that the root problem with Islamic Fundamentalism is Islam itself.  There's been a great deal of debate at whether the religion is itself the problem or there are other factors that the major problem.  Let's assume that Islam is the problem, what is the solution?  What do you guys propose we actually do about it?  This thread is reserved for that issue.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

PDH

Sherman would have done a scorch earth on Islam!  Boo Yah!
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

Why wouldn't the problem with Islamic fundamentalism be Islamic? I guess the proposals I hear on this is a theological offensive. If the problem was largely created by Salafist ideas being funded and exported by the Saudis, as many claim, than surely other Islamic ideas could also be funded and exported no?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Razgovory on November 25, 2015, 11:06:33 AM
We have a lot of people on this board who have declared that the root problem with Islamic Fundamentalism is Islam itself.  There's been a great deal of debate at whether the religion is itself the problem or there are other factors that the major problem.  Let's assume that Islam is the problem, what is the solution?  What do you guys propose we actually do about it?  This thread is reserved for that issue.

Christ is the answer. -_-
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

alfred russel

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Iormlund

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

Continue to be awesome and Muslims will continue to become Muslims on paper only. Eventually it will become grossly uncool to rebel against this and turn to fundamentalism.
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

What sort of awesomeness are you thinking of Tyr?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Martinus

Jungian Christianity combined with yoga and eradication of cis/hetero patriarchy. Also, more pastel colours.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Martinus

Quote from: Iormlund on November 25, 2015, 12:52:01 PM
Relentless cultural bombardment.

We need to stack more thematic works of art in Paris.

Razgovory

Quote from: Tyr on November 25, 2015, 03:26:06 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 25, 2015, 01:57:39 PM
What sort of awesomeness are you thinking of Tyr?
Sex, drugs & Rock 'n roll.

Yeah, we've had that for a long time.  In that time Islamic Fundamentalism has only grown.  Being "awesome" is not the worst strategy, but is being a Muslim in France or Belgium "Awesome"?