If Islam is the problem, what is the solution?

Started by Razgovory, November 25, 2015, 11:06:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Quote from: Razgovory on November 25, 2015, 03:50:06 PM
Quote from: Tyr on November 25, 2015, 03:26:06 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 25, 2015, 01:57:39 PM
What sort of awesomeness are you thinking of Tyr?
Sex, drugs & Rock 'n roll.

Yeah, we've had that for a long time.  In that time Islamic Fundamentalism has only grown.  Being "awesome" is not the worst strategy, but is being a Muslim in France or Belgium "Awesome"?
1: :lol: at giving such a debate club answer to a flippant reply.
2: Islamic fundamentalism has grown. This is however in large part a response to the increasing secularisation.of muslims overall.
3: Is being a muslim in France or Belgium awesome? - I guess not. But not for the reasons many assume. I can't really speak for France or Belgium (though I think they're the same) but in the UK the problem with our large muslim communities is that a huge percentage of them were brought over in the days of full employment as bulk labour in the industrial cities- then oops, along comes Thatcher, no more industrial cities. They face the same shit that white kids growing up in such areas do except as a different race and religion they can think up more varied excuses. So for a more serious answer the way to stop many turning to Islamic extremism is to improve the economy and opportunities in these deprived areas.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

That's a much more reasonable explanation than imperialism.

Razgovory

I partially agree with you on the last part, and that's what I was thinking about.  The problem is chronic unemployment and sadly dark skinned people in Europe get hit harder by it then whites.  Somehow though, I don't think Thatcher is the reason why so many Arabs living in France are unemployed.  Algerians have lived there for generations, and still widely despised.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on November 25, 2015, 11:06:33 AM
Let's assume that Islam is the problem, what is the solution?  What do you guys propose we actually do about it?  This thread is reserved for that issue.

Holy Crusade

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Tonitrus

No one has mentioned nukes yet?

Languish IS dying.

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 25, 2015, 05:18:42 PM
That's a much more reasonable explanation than imperialism.

Agreed, so long as one notes that "oops, along comes Thatcher" reduced industrial cities in the US, Germany, France, Japan, etc.  The bitch has a lot more to answer for than Joe Imperialism does.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Drakken

viper37

Let's assume that Islam is the problem, what is the solution?  What do you guys propose we actually do about it?  This thread is reserved for that issue.
Compete with the Saudis.  They are funding education in the 3rd world, and even in the western world.

1st step is to forbid their teachings in our countries.  All schools must conform to a state curriculum, no exception.  They can go beyond that, but never below.
2nd step is to fund secular education in the 3rd world.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Quote from: 11B4V on November 25, 2015, 09:20:06 PM

Holy Crusade

Get all the Jihadis playing Magic: the Gathering instead of waging war?  That's just crazy enough it might work!
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

11B4V

Quote from: Barrister on November 26, 2015, 04:16:13 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on November 25, 2015, 09:20:06 PM

Holy Crusade

Get all the Jihadis playing Magic: the Gathering instead of waging war?  That's just crazy enough it might work!

Well, they do have they're own cards.  :P From Arabian nights long ago.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Barrister

Quote from: 11B4V on November 26, 2015, 04:22:35 PM
Well, they do have they're own cards.  :P From Arabian nights long ago.

Oh I do know. I briefly played for awhile - right around the time of the original game and Arabian nights.  I got out after that, though I dabbled in a few other games.

:nerd: :(

Malthus

So, the Languish consensus is that if the problem is Islam the solution is Magic: The Gathering:hmm:

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Razgovory

Quote from: viper37 on November 26, 2015, 03:58:44 PM
Compete with the Saudis.  They are funding education in the 3rd world, and even in the western world.

1st step is to forbid their teachings in our countries.  All schools must conform to a state curriculum, no exception.  They can go beyond that, but never below.
2nd step is to fund secular education in the 3rd world.

Compete with the Saudis?  How much influence do the Saudis have in Quebec?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017