News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Napoleonic Wars Thread

Started by Berkut, March 16, 2009, 01:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Can you play capitulation though? When the Turks go to regroup, their flags go away, right? In which case Madrid is no longer flagged.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on April 18, 2009, 07:49:36 PM
Can you play capitulation though? When the Turks go to regroup, their flags go away, right? In which case Madrid is no longer flagged.
The rules say nothing about flags, and Habbaku agreed about the flags (see above).  Rule 17.1 covers this in any case.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Berkut

Quote from: grumbler on April 18, 2009, 08:32:33 PM
Quote from: Berkut on April 18, 2009, 07:49:36 PM
The rules say nothing about flags, and Habbaku agreed about the flags (see above).  Rule 17.1 covers this in any case.

OK, I see - your formations regroup, but not your forces, and a flag is not a formation.

And Rule 17.1 will never allow an illegal play to stand if we can fix it. Otherwise you will never get anywhere in a PBEM game.

0 rows returned

Berkut

Spain is up, I believe Habs needs to "play" their card after he discards all the current Spanish cards and draws new ones.

Oh - and grumbler - brilliant play. The invasion of Spain was awesome.

0 rows returned

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on April 19, 2009, 01:04:46 AM
Oh - and grumbler - brilliant play. The invasion of Spain was awesome.
It took me a couple of minutes to realize that if you only draw two cards, and one of them is "capitulation," the latter doesn't always need to be used as CPs.  I gambled on the combat at Madrid, but luckily Habs drew the high rolls for Austria, not me.

I admit that the Serb war thing threw me for a moment - how could Habs know what I was about to play?  Luckily, it didn't derail The Plan.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Delirium

Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Habbaku

Spain will also hand over Majorca in the peace deal.

Spain regroups Castanos and 1 CU to Madrid, where they will likely spend the rest of the game.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Viking, any objection to the Swedes forming a Grand Fleet and going after the Danes?

0 rows returned

Viking

Quote from: Berkut on April 19, 2009, 06:47:30 PM
Viking, any objection to the Swedes forming a Grand Fleet and going after the Danes?

Knock yourself out, just remember, swedish casualties first.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Berkut

Actually, that is not a good idea. He wants to get a win so that the Danes can invade Stockholm. Why work to give him that fight? As long as one of our fleets are in the sea zone, the Danes are neutralized.

0 rows returned

Berkut

Sweden: Play Strategy card as Operations

#91: 5 / Egyptian Venture

Message from Britain:
3/5: Sledingk +4 to Oldenburg
5/5: CU in Stockholm

0 rows returned

Habbaku

Denmark would go if Denmark had cards.  France will just have to play something in their stead, I suppose.

QuoteFrance: France: Play Strategy card as Operations

#904: 5 / Napoleon

Message from France:
For CPs :

1/5 - Davout and 5 CUs to Rome. Britain may evade.

That should, of course, be to Naples.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

With the British cowards deftly avoiding Davout's army, Napoleon has decided to regroup some troops to Lannes' empty command in hopes that he can hold off the Russian pummeling.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Britain: Britain: Play Strategy card as Operations

#79: 4 / Leader Wounded

Message from Britain:
2 CUs in Ulster

0 rows returned

Delirium

3 cp card, Schwarzenberg moves to Dalmatia to form an army group with John and 9 cu, moves to Venice. Napoleon has rolled successfully to intercept, leaving it to Habs to decide, and to roll the battle in that case. I am out of cards and reserve is played so this is it for Austria this turn.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan