News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Would you work at Amazon?

Started by Syt, August 17, 2015, 05:03:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norgy

Quote from: The Brain on August 17, 2015, 04:57:52 PM
Everytime I shop at Amazon I kill a kitten.

It is well-known you are a Grade A cunt, so sure, why not.

Valmy

Quote from: Norgy on August 17, 2015, 05:29:49 PM

Wow.

Just wow.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

Eddie Teach

Hardly an escalation. Calling people cunts is less serious than killing kittens, guys.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 17, 2015, 06:14:47 PM
Hardly an escalation. Calling people cunts is less serious than killing kittens, guys.
None of the kittens are Norgy's, I would presume, unless Brain is online shopping while visiting Norway.  So it has been a rather unprovoked attack on Norgy's part.

Eddie Teach

So would you say if they're not your own kittens, that they're disposable? :yeahright:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Phillip V

I recently worked in a similar 24/7 corporate culture, albeit on a small business scale.  I got what I needed and bolted after 9 months.  Crazy that I had co-workers who bought into the whole corporate "mission", midnight emails/calls, working vacations, etc; all the while the Founder/CEO had 100% ownership. :D

Most the employees were under age 40, but they should still know better, especially the ones with kids.  I still have access to their work online status and see them working Saturday nights and Sundays. :(

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Phillip V on August 17, 2015, 06:55:26 PM
I recently worked in a similar 24/7 corporate culture, albeit on a small business scale.  I got what I needed and bolted after 9 months.  Crazy that I had co-workers who bought into the whole corporate "mission", midnight emails/calls, working vacations, etc; all the while the Founder/CEO had 100% ownership. :D

Most the employees were under age 40, but they should still know better, especially the ones with kids.  I still have access to their work online status and see them working Saturday nights and Sundays. :(
A few broken marriages and children who know them as strangers will snap them back to reality. TOo late, but back none the less.
PDH!

Monoriu

I rarely buy stuff online, but Amazon is an exception.  From a customer point of view, I have to say their whole operation is very well managed.  The website is intuitive, easy to use, and everything works.  All the trades and deliveries are honoured, and the deliveries are almost always ahead of schedule.  I consider it my last and best hope of getting hard-to-find music.  The US$20 shipping costs suck, but hey I have bought some US$1 CDs. 

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on August 17, 2015, 05:33:05 PM

Wow.

Just wow.

Are you saying he's wrong?  :huh:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Eh it needed to be said.  Clear the air!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Quote from: Norgy on August 17, 2015, 04:47:06 PM
Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on August 17, 2015, 03:45:42 PM

They are capitalizing on their reputation to draw people in. 

That won't last much longer. Bezos is a dick, and I stopped buying from Amazon more than a year ago.
Fuck that company and their libertarian CEO.

Meh. At least he is kinda impressive, as unlike most libertarians he is successful and accomplished. And I love the fact that I can order a book from Amazon this afternoon and, provided I am prepared to pay a fast delivery fee, have it delivered following morning from a warehouse in Milan. Would not mind having them in my client portfolio.

Martinus

Brain is my favourite poster and it is known he kills the kittens with kindness.

Martinus

Quote from: Phillip V on August 17, 2015, 06:55:26 PM

That's why you don't hire people with kids.  :secret:

Maladict

Quote from: Martinus on August 18, 2015, 02:23:00 AM

Meh. At least he is kinda impressive, as unlike most libertarians he is successful and accomplished. And I love the fact that I can order a book from Amazon this afternoon and, provided I am prepared to pay a fast delivery fee, have it delivered following morning from a warehouse in Milan. Would not mind having them in my client portfolio.

Meh. I can order a book from my local bookstore this afternoon and, provided I am prepared to pay a fast delivery fee, have it delivered this afternoon. Granted, the book will be much less exotic not having come from Milan, but I think I can live with that.

The only thing I use Amazon for is keeping an extensive wish list for books that I'll then buy from actual bookstores.