News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Quote from: garbon on August 09, 2021, 04:31:06 AM
Why did the weekly shopping have to happen right then? And why are we discussing what appears to have been a fleeting annoyance?

Well, don't you get it? He was slightly inconvenienced by other people doing stuff, that surely can't stand!

Your transformation into a petty, selfish Little Englander is going ahead of schedule, Tamas.

Tamas

Why did the weekly shopping have to happen right then? And why are we discussing what appears to have been a fleeting annoyance?

1st question: because it was a pre-booked click and collect date.

2nd question: no idea. i was frustrated, I vented, and considered the matter closed. But apparently I was in the wrong.

Tamas

Quote from: The Larch on August 09, 2021, 04:33:53 AM

Well, don't you get it? He was slightly inconvenienced by other people doing stuff, that surely can't stand!

Your transformation into a petty, selfish Little Englander is going ahead of schedule, Tamas.

Oh for crying out loud

Tamas

You guys need to chill with your prejudices.

celedhring

My parents have taken on a new dog (ours died). Another German shepherd. I'm slightly afraid that given my parents' age, they should have downgraded to a smaller-sized breed, but overall I'm chuffed. I've missed my dog lots.

celedhring

I love grumpy Tamas, tbf.

The Larch

Quote from: Tamas on August 09, 2021, 04:35:42 AM
Quote from: The Larch on August 09, 2021, 04:33:53 AM

Oh for crying out loud

In 10 years or less you'll be voting Tory and complaining about the value of your home going down and you know it.  :P

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on August 09, 2021, 04:34:51 AM

1st question: because it was a pre-booked click and collect date.

2nd question: no idea. i was frustrated, I vented, and considered the matter closed. But apparently I was in the wrong.

Got it. I mean I feel your pain and wanting to vent. Of course, here on Languish obviously we would want to also add to your momentary misery :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Plus, for everyday annoyances Languish is not a place to look to for sympathy but rather for a dozen people telling you why you were wrong to try in the first place. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

That said, there used to be reports that when it comes to transporting stuff around the globe the really harmful bit for the environment is the end consumers all taking their car to the shops and markets. Any truth to that? :unsure:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Threviel

Quote from: Syt on August 09, 2021, 05:10:38 AM
That said, there used to be reports that when it comes to transporting stuff around the globe the really harmful bit for the environment is the end consumers all taking their car to the shops and markets. Any truth to that? :unsure:

Yeah, Tamas's car trip was probably the lion's share of the transportation part of the environmental impact of those grocery bags. Also probably negligible compared to the non-transportation environmental impact of those bags.

Grey Fox

You assholes.

:lol:

Tamas, can you get your own private parking?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Tamas

:lol:

No private parking space no. There's a so called garage coming with the flat. But it's a British garage which means it is meant to store things you never use again, not parking cars.

And I am happy to inform Threv that the groceries are rolled out to you in (admittedly, plastic) storage boxes which you empty into your car, and leave the boxes for future re-use. I pack the groceries into (cloth!) bags and my (material unknown) backpack to haul them up the stairs at home. 

Grey Fox

Yes, garages are for things, not cars.

I think you should move to the country. Have actual space.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

Yeah, if you like a car focused life then the country is the place, not the city.
██████
██████
██████