News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

Live-action film

On July 22, 2008, IF Magazine published an article on its website regarding a rumor of a live-action Cowboy Bebop movie in development by 20th Century Fox. Producer Erwin Stoff said that the film's development was in the early stages, and that they had "just signed it".[19][20] Keanu Reeves has been confirmed as playing the role of Spike Spiegel.[21][22] Variety confirmed on January 15, 2009, that the production company Sunrise Animation will be "closely involved with the development of the English language project." The site also confirmed Kenji Uchida, Shinichiro Watanabe, and series writer Keiko Nobumoto as associate producers, series producer Masahiko Minami as a production consultant, and Peter Craig as screenwriter.[23] It was originally slated for release in 2011, but problems with the budget have delayed its production. The script that was submitted was sent back for rewrite to reduce the cost and little has been heard about it until an interview with producer Joshua Long on October 15, 2010.[24]

lol Sorry Tim.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Savonarola

Quote from: sbr on April 03, 2011, 10:57:07 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-12950258

QuoteCharlie Sheen live show bombs in Detroit

Actor Charlie Sheen was booed off stage by fans on the first night of his Violent Torpedo Of Truth: Defeat Is Not An Option one-man show in Detroit.

The former Two And A Half Men star had initially been greeted with rapturous applause, but fans reportedly began to walk out within 15 minutes.

Sheen had promised to tell "the real story", but critics said he instead gave "a series of nonsensical rants".

:lol:

The Freep gave a blow by blow account of the act on its website and it sounded painful.  Tickets sold out within minutes of being available, but I can't imagine what the people who bought them expected to see besides a series of nonsensical rants.

I liked the phrase in the article:

Quotewho travelled from Ontario in Canada for the show.

Ontario-in-Canada is closer to the Fox Theater than any American suburb of Detroit.

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Slargos

Quote from: Savonarola on April 04, 2011, 02:08:55 PM

Actor Charlie Sheen was booed off stage by fans on the first night of his Violent Torpedo Of Truth: Defeat Is Not An Option one-man show in Detroit.

The former Two And A Half Men star had initially been greeted with rapturous applause, but fans reportedly began to walk out within 15 minutes.

Sheen had promised to tell "the real story", but critics said he instead gave "a series of nonsensical rants".

The Freep gave a blow by blow account of the act on its website and it sounded painful.  Tickets sold out within minutes of being available, but I can't imagine what the people who bought them expected to see besides a series of nonsensical rants.

Ontario-in-Canada is closer to the Fox Theater than any American suburb of Detroit.

Nice that you're trying to downplay the fact that someone came from ANOTHER COUNTRY ENTIRELY in order to see Sheen. What do you have against him anyway?  <_<

Josquius

I guess they figured it was more an 'event' than a show actually worth going to see.

They probally guessed there would be something of a show in it though; they were wrong.
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

he's playing in Toronto, which is probably even closer to Ontario-in-Canada
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Malthus

Quote from: Tyr on April 04, 2011, 02:12:43 PM
I guess they figured it was more an 'event' than a show actually worth going to see.

They probally guessed there would be something of a show in it though; they were wrong.

Reminds me of "the Royal Nonsuch" in Huckleberry Finn;)

"Ladies and children are not admitted".
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Savonarola

Quote from: Slargos on April 04, 2011, 02:11:01 PM

Nice that you're trying to downplay the fact that someone came from ANOTHER COUNTRY ENTIRELY in order to see Sheen. What do you have against him anyway?  <_<

Warlocks killed my family.    :(
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

jimmy olsen

I don't understand what they were thinking either. If had money to burn and actually bought tickets to this it would be expressly because I wanted to be entertained by the man's nonsensical rants. :huh:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Savonarola

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 04, 2011, 04:41:12 PM
I don't understand what they were thinking either. If had money to burn and actually bought tickets to this it would be expressly because I wanted to be entertained by the man's nonsensical rants. :huh:

You raise a good point there too.  Why would anyone pay money to listen to a man's nonsensical rants when you can hear the nonsensical rants of the homeless right outside the Fox at any hour, day or night, for free?

CountDeMoney

Josquius

Never saw that one coming
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Gilbert Gottfried was fired by Aflac.  I feel for him, since I to am crippled with an extremely irritating voice.  In fact, many people think I sound like him.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

USA! USA!

QuoteChicago - An appeals court said a man can press a claim for emotional distress after learning a former lover had used his sperm to have a baby. But he can't claim theft, the ruling said, because the sperm were hers to keep. The ruling Wednesday by the Illinois Appellate Court sends Dr. Richard O. Phillips' distress case back to trial court. Phillips accuses Dr. Sharon Irons of a "calculated, profound personal betrayal" after their affair six years ago, saying she secretly kept semen after they had oral sex, then used it to get pregnant. He said he didn't find out about the child for nearly two years, when Irons filed a paternity lawsuit. DNA tests confirmed Phillips was the father, the court papers state. Phillips was ordered to pay about $800 a month in child support, said Irons' attorney, Enrico Mirabelli. Phillips sued Irons, claiming he has had trouble sleeping and eating and has been haunted by "feelings of being trapped in a nightmare," court papers state. Irons responded that her alleged actions weren't "truly extreme and outrageous" and that Phillips' pain wasn't bad enough to merit a lawsuit. The circuit court agreed and dismissed Phillips' lawsuit in 2003. But the higher court ruled that, if Phillips' story is true, Irons "deceitfully engaged in sexual acts, which no reasonable person would expect could result in pregnancy, to use plaintiff's sperm in an unorthodox, unanticipated manner yielding extreme consequences." The judges backed the lower court decision to dismiss the fraud and theft claims, agreeing with Irons that she didn't steal the sperm."She asserts that when plaintiff 'delivered' his sperm, it was a gift — an absolute and irrevocable transfer of title to property from a donor to a donee," the decision said. "There was no agreement that the original deposit would be returned upon request."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7024930/ns/health-sexual_health/
██████
██████
██████

HVC

Quote from: Tyr on April 05, 2011, 01:03:08 PM
But he can’t claim theft, the ruling said, because the sperm were hers to keep
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.