News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

I got a ticket for "failure to come to a complete stop when exiting a private parking lot".

I know these guys are getting desperate, but sheesh.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Eddie Teach

My back is sore and I have a headache.  <_<
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

Anyone notice who hasn't returned since we went off the air for a week? [cough] gay [/cough].
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Quote from: Josephus on March 08, 2011, 09:40:02 PM
Anyone notice who hasn't returned since we went off the air for a week? [cough] gay [/cough].

Off the top of my head, he posted in the Libya thread and Fae's gay-look-at-me thread. :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

:huh:
grallon, garbon, faelin, count and Marti are all here.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josephus

Quote from: katmai on March 08, 2011, 09:46:01 PM
:huh:
grallon, garbon, faelin, count and Marti are all here.

Never mind...I thought Marti wasn't here--he certainly hasn't been as noticeable. Ok, all the gays are here. WE're good to go, then.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

MadBurgerMaker

I just watched the main character in Farscape jump out of an exploding spaceship and float, flipping end over end and occasionally shooting his laser rifle, all the way to another (apparently safe) spaceship with no suit or anything like that on.  Just regular clothes.  He seems to be fine.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on March 08, 2011, 10:56:39 PM
I just watched the main character in Farscape jump out of an exploding spaceship and float, flipping end over end and occasionally shooting his laser rifle, all the way to another (apparently safe) spaceship with no suit or anything like that on.  Just regular clothes.  He seems to be fine.
:lol: How many seconds did it take?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 09, 2011, 02:08:11 AM
:lol: How many seconds did it take?

I wasn't counting, but it was quite a while (relatively speaking).  The explosion of the first ship kind of pushed him to the second, where the airlock was open or something.

Edit:  Hey here it is:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bit4xjoElZg

Looks like from about 0:45 - 1:39, or at least that's when he comes staggering into the "safe" ship.   He has some sort of mask on later.  I missed that part (I walked back by when he was just sitting on the bed there), so I guess he wasn't perfectly okay after all.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Josephus on March 08, 2011, 10:53:59 PM
Never mind...I thought Marti wasn't here--he certainly hasn't been as noticeable. Ok, all the gays are here. WE're good to go, then.
We're short one Mongers.

Josquius

Who was that who rage-quat (quat should be a word dammit! past of quit!) on facebook?
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.