And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Monoriu on December 11, 2017, 04:13:41 AM
Quote from: DGuller on December 11, 2017, 04:05:46 AM
I've subscribed to online edition of Washington Post.  This is the first time I subscribed to a digital media, they broke me.  :(

There is more than enough free stuff for me to consume.  I refuse to subscribe to anything that requires payment. 

Why would you? You will just find a way to illegally steal it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

I've gotten two calls from scammers today.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grey Fox

Quote from: DGuller on December 11, 2017, 04:05:46 AM
I've subscribed to online edition of Washington Post.  This is the first time I subscribed to a digital media, they broke me.  :(

It's such a slippery slope.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

The internet seems awfully determined that I date Slavic and/or East Asian women. I guess this is concern for low birth rates in those parts of the world :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on December 11, 2017, 03:40:00 PM
The internet seems awfully determined that I date Slavic and/or East Asian women. I guess this is concern for low birth rates in those parts of the world :P

Not sure how you bringing them to America helps those birthrates.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on December 11, 2017, 03:40:00 PM

what kind of google searches have you ben making :unsure: :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

I get the same stuff.  Sign up for a dating site and you're going to be spammed for the rest of your life.

Liep

"The idea was to make a loving poster for our sketch show. I don't understand who wouldn't feel included in this, they're holding a balloon globe together!"

So that's three white actors and one from, I think, Pakistan (the one in black face with the banana ear rings).

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Tamas

The banana earrings really drive the message home.

HVC

Nothing says togetherness like a jaundiced Fu Manchu
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Tamas

You can kinda' see why Europe cannot integrate minorities from different cultures very well. I mean, look at that pic. Wasn't it also Denmark where somebody like a US ambassador lamented on the usage of the term "3rd generation immigrant", which they did?

The Brain

Quote from: Tamas on December 12, 2017, 08:16:59 AM
You can kinda' see why Europe cannot integrate minorities from different cultures very well. I mean, look at that pic. Wasn't it also Denmark where somebody like a US ambassador lamented on the usage of the term "3rd generation immigrant", which they did?

Most Chinese are much better integrated than the one in the pic.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

Quote from: The Brain on December 12, 2017, 08:20:27 AM
Quote from: Tamas on December 12, 2017, 08:16:59 AM

Most Chinese are much better integrated than the one in the pic.

:lol: Which is exactly my point.

mongers

Interesting bit of science:

Forget Bruce Willis, Earth's atmosphere is our best defense against meteorites

Porous space rocks just can't handle the pressure

By Iain Thomson in San Francisco  11 Dec 2017

Researchers have discovered why most meteorites disintegrate before they reach Earth - and it's all to do with atmospheric pressure.

Previously it was thought that compression of air particles is what causes meteorites to wear away as they make their way down to our planet's surface, but many, like the 2013 Chelyabinsk meteorite that injured over 1,000 people, explode in the atmosphere. New research suggests that air is forcing its way inside the meteorite itself.

The research, published in the journal Meteoritics & Planetary Science, notes that in the last few years of exploration we've discovered that many meteorites aren't solid boulders but instead loose conglomerations of rocks that have glommed together through gravitational attraction.

Porosity rates of up to 20 per cent have been found in some meteorites and this could spell their doom once they hit Earth. As the rocks hit the lower, denser atmosphere air is forced inside the porous meteorites and heats up massively, so that the pressure increase eventually blows the object into tiny fragments.

"There's more going on than what had been thought before," said Jay Melosh, a geophysicist at Purdue University in Indiana. "Bottom line is that the atmosphere is a better screen against small impacts than we had thought."

Full item here, worth a read:
https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/12/11/earth_atmosphere_final_defense_against_meteorites/
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Liep on December 12, 2017, 06:17:03 AM
"The idea was to make a loving poster for our sketch show. I don't understand who wouldn't feel included in this, they're holding a balloon globe together!"

So that's three white actors and one from, I think, Pakistan (the one in black face with the banana ear rings).

THERE WERE NO JEWS HARMED IN THE MAKING OF THIS MOTION PICTURE