News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 10, 2017, 12:32:31 PM
I thought yuros all smoked hash rolled with tobacco.  :huh:

Always with the drugs, Ignatowski.

Admiral Yi

Speaking of hash, I wonder why that market hasn't grown in the US with all the legalization.  Too labor intensive to gather the pollen maybe?

CountDeMoney

I'm sure somebody can build in opium poppy ag ex/im language into the TPP for you.

derspiess

Quote from: LaCroix on January 10, 2017, 11:15:17 AM
Quote from: garbon on January 10, 2017, 11:13:36 AM
How is cigarette smoking fun?

it starts off with giving a high. by the time the highs go away, you're mentally addicted -- feeding that addiction is fun.

I never smoked cigarettes with any regularity but I'd buy a pack every now & then when I was in ROTC.  When you're in the field and have finished training, and your transportation is about 1.5-2 hours away there is literally nothing else to do.  It helped pass the time.  I generally didn't inhale (never got a nicotine buzz from cigarettes when I did so why bother), so a lot of it was the ritual/social aspect.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

HVC

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 10, 2017, 01:03:16 PM
I'm sure somebody can build in opium poppy ag ex/im language into the TPP for you.

Which one of us is have a stroke, me or you? :unsure:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

The Larch

I never felt the need to give smoking a try (except once when I was 14 or so because we were feeling stupid). The fact that my two grandfathers died of lung cancer after a lifetime of heavy smoking also helps.

Barrister

A cigarette has never touched my lips, but in university you'd see the tight little group of smokers and I could see a certain sort of appeal to being a part of the group.  At least in nice weather.

I've smoked the odd cigar in my time (though probably not at all in the last 6 years) and would definitely get a rush from the nicotine, even without inhaling.  It would be balanced out by the feeling that your mouth felt like an ashtray the following day though.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josquius

Quote from: The Brain on January 10, 2017, 12:22:36 PM
I smoked half a cigarette once because woman.

I've never used snus but I made out with a chick that did.

....and you're sure this was a chick? :x
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Quote from: Tyr on January 10, 2017, 02:43:06 PM
Quote from: The Brain on January 10, 2017, 12:22:36 PM
I smoked half a cigarette once because woman.

I've never used snus but I made out with a chick that did.

....and you're sure this was a chick? :x

Oh 100% sure.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

She tasted like cigarettes.

sbr

Back 10 years ago I had almost completely quit smoking;  I hadn't smoked in like 5 moths when I started working out of town for 3 months.  One of my first nights there I bumped into a gal I had met on a previous trip.  We hung out and had some drinks and she said she was going to go outside for a smoke and asked if I still smoked.  'Of course I do' I said as I bought a $10 pack of cigarettes at the bar and went out to burn one with her.  :lmfao: 

I smoked for another 5 months then quit for good.

MadImmortalMan

I've smoked socially my whole life but I wouldn't say I'm a smoker. I might have one or two cigarettes a year.

Fun fact: I've never bought a pack of cigs. I always get them from who I'm with.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers