News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

:lol: I'm pretty sure we never saw these last summer, but can't remember. 

Trump Tweets The Classics

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on December 06, 2016, 09:28:19 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 06, 2016, 08:48:27 PM

My girlfriend worked as a child laborer on those vast cotton collectives in the early 90s.

In the '80s Dguller had to wear that hat, glasses and a fake beard.
:huh: In the '80s I was going through the infiltration training in a "cotton collective".

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 06, 2016, 10:34:10 PM
:lol: I'm pretty sure we never saw these last summer, but can't remember. 

That was fun. Also snooty.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: DGuller on December 07, 2016, 09:12:43 AM

My girlfriend worked as a child laborer on those vast cotton collectives in the early 90s.

:huh: In the '80s I was going through the infiltration training in a "cotton collective".

As a back up agent for Tim in case his taint failed before 2016?  :ph34r:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

derspiess

So I always viewed automated home lighting as a solution looking for a problem, but I decided to dip my toe in the water and got an Osram Lightify hub and three smart light bulbs.  Prices have dropped a bit and there were some good deals on Black Friday weekend.  After some pain with setting things up through the Lightify app, I have most of my living room lighting set up.  Kind of a weird feeling downloading firmware updates for light bulbs :huh:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

celedhring

Been working on a Brexit paper for the business school I sometimes do work for. Upon revising it, I have noticed that I have misnamed the former British PM as "James". I have watched Aliens and Terminator 2 a few times too many.  :blush:

Ideologue

Quote from: celedhring on December 07, 2016, 12:47:30 PM
Been working on a Brexit paper for the business school I sometimes do work for. Upon revising it, I have noticed that I have misnamed the former British PM as "James". I have watched Aliens and Terminator 2 a few times too many.  :blush:

I wish James Cameron was our head of government.  Imagine the profligacy of his infrastructure spending.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on December 07, 2016, 12:35:14 PM
So I always viewed automated home lighting as a solution looking for a problem, but I decided to dip my toe in the water and got an Osram Lightify hub and three smart light bulbs.  Prices have dropped a bit and there were some good deals on Black Friday weekend.  After some pain with setting things up through the Lightify app, I have most of my living room lighting set up.  Kind of a weird feeling downloading firmware updates for light bulbs :huh:

We know you are pro incandescent light bulbs.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Yeah, but it looks kinda fun, doesn't it?  Lights, patterns tied to music or your TV, etc.  Mood lighting for the 21st century.  I've been thinking about it for a long time, turn everything purple.

The Brain

Ed knows everything about children in labor.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 07, 2016, 01:55:32 PM

We know you are pro incandescent light bulbs.

Only Berkut and Raz think I am.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

KRonn

I still have a bunch of incandescent light bulbs...still use some. But I've replaced the most used lights with CFC or LED bulbs. Actually starting to use LEDs more, so I have a lot of CFCs left over. 

Valmy

Installing LEDs is a magical experience. I know I will not be changing that shit again until I am nearing retirement.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

Quote from: The Brain on December 07, 2016, 03:20:34 PM

Ed knows everything about children in labor.
:lol:

Razgovory

Quote from: mongers on December 07, 2016, 09:34:59 AM
Quote from: DGuller on December 07, 2016, 09:12:43 AM

As a back up agent for Tim in case his taint failed before 2016?  :ph34r:

See, the Russians play a long game.  Infiltrating a cotton collective so that in 30 years you could be the backup girlfriend so KGB could get at Tim's taint is long term thinking.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017