And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Syt on October 25, 2016, 06:38:36 AM

Sounds like something my dad would come up with.  I had to put up with "brilliance" like this all the time. <_<

Josquius

Pretty sure it's from The Viz.
https://www.buzzfeed.com/alanwhite/21-hilarious-letters-to-viz-comic?utm_term=.bqBE1DYLn#.crOvYXypJ

----
In other news
Looks like I'm set for a week in warsaw in early December.  👽
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Hey, if A North Carolina GOP congressman can run and win on discounting the global warming threat because CO2 is food for plants and therefore we'll have bigger healthier trees making more oxygen for us,  I can totally buy the 50% windmill thingy.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Has anyone ever started getting spam directed at someone else?  For the past few months I have been receiving spam addressed to a "Jimmy Forster" residing in either Sunderland, Bath, or Sydney (!).  I have never before received spam specifically referring to a normal person other than myself.

The Brain

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on October 25, 2016, 03:33:24 PM
Has anyone ever started getting spam directed at someone else?  For the past few months I have been receiving spam addressed to a "Jimmy Forster" residing in either Sunderland, Bath, or Sydney (!).  I have never before received spam specifically referring to a normal person other than myself.

Lots of "chicks" message me and say I'm an interesting person that it would be nice to know more and what's my e-mail address.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: The Brain on October 25, 2016, 03:40:27 PM

Lots of "chicks" message me and say I'm an interesting person that it would be nice to know more and what's my e-mail address.

A) How do they "message" you if they don't already have  your email address?

B) This is for shit like Tesco gift cards and jobs in Blighty.  You know, stuff I have 0% chance of responding to even if I was stupid enough to do so.

The Brain

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on October 25, 2016, 03:48:49 PM
Quote from: The Brain on October 25, 2016, 03:40:27 PM

A) How do they "message" you if they don't already have  your email address?

B) This is for shit like Tesco gift cards and jobs in Blighty.  You know, stuff I have 0% chance of responding to even if I was stupid enough to do so.

A) OK CdM.

B) IT WAS A JOKE

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: The Brain on October 25, 2016, 03:53:53 PM
A) OK CdM.

But I don't have a land line.  And I punch my board games. :unsure:

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

CountDeMoney

Jacob

Hey Ed, nice avatar. Is it a self portrait?

Ed Anger

Quote from: Jacob on October 25, 2016, 10:14:00 PM
Hey Ed, nice avatar. Is it a self portrait?

I wish. Think of all the gubmint checks I'd get.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive