News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

I don't get people who can do stuff in the morning before work.
For me the grand struggle of the day is getting to work on time. Waking up is hard.
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Different people have different day rhythyms. For me it has always been extremely difficult to wake up early in the morning, and I've lost count of the number of times I've left home for the office with only a coffee in my stomach, but my father was able to fit a full breakfast and some reading time before leaving home in the mornings when he was working (he's retired now).

Syt

I'm an early bird, but I also like taking my time in the morning - having breakfast, reading news, maybe watch a YouTube video or two, listen to some music.

If I get up and head straight to work I feel extremely stressed and hectic.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

I'm travelling to Ljubljana (or Laibach, if you're old-fashioned) on sunday for a work conference that I'll be attending, and travelling back next thursday. I guess they'll give us touristic information, but just in case I want to ask over here. Anybody visited the city? Which are the interesting things to see? We won't have that much spare time, but maybe we'll be able to sneak something in the evenings.

Thanks in advance!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tyr on September 23, 2016, 02:55:05 AM
For me the grand struggle of the day is getting to work on time. Waking up is hard.

This.  I get up 90 minutes before I really need to, just to spend the time trying to physically and mentally grid myself for the day. 

Grey Fox

I don't get how you can do anything before going to work, stop that & actually go work.

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

Called Time warner to cancel their service. Damn, I want Arn Anderson to fucking give the bitch i talked to a spinebuster.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 23, 2016, 06:57:47 AM
Quote from: Tyr on September 23, 2016, 02:55:05 AM

This.  I get up 90 minutes before I really need to, just to spend the time trying to physically and mentally grid myself for the day.

This and That, squared.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

CountDeMoney

Eat shit.  Life sucks too much to just let it show up.

Ed Anger

:lol:

I have a confession. Sometimes I sleep until 10 am.  :blush:

Barrister

There was a time when I actually got up an hour before I needed to leave.  It was nice - I'd sit and have coffee, read some news cites, and get ready for the day.

Now I still get up at the same time, but my kids are also awake.  So now I'm running around getting them breakfast, trying to get them dressed and breaking up whatever fights they get into.  It's not so relaxing.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Hell, I've had my kids go on strike in the mornings. Little shits.

Grey Fox

Why are you breeding commies?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DGuller

Quote from: The Larch on September 23, 2016, 03:10:42 AM
Different people have different day rhythyms. For me it has always been extremely difficult to wake up early in the morning, and I've lost count of the number of times I've left home for the office with only a coffee in my stomach, but my father was able to fit a full breakfast and some reading time before leaving home in the mornings when he was working (he's retired now).
Same here, I never have enough discipline to get up early enough to do anything other than bare minimum.  Luckily at my new workplace I can get breakfast in the cafeteria, so I don't have my first meal of the day at lunch.