Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Chipotle the pepper is amazing.
the restaurant...no idea.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 09, 2010, 06:23:51 PM
I can see that, but the Tar baby dolls is something obvious in my opinion.
That's because, as Mexican as you are, you've still been inducted into the White Culture.  You've been trained to seek victimhood and to cultivate victim status in everyone you see.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on February 10, 2010, 11:00:39 PM
The wife got jury duty. Federal district court.  :P

Tell her what to do.  :contract:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Razgovory

I ate at a muslim restaurant.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

She's afraid of law enforcement.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 10, 2010, 06:42:31 PM
Never had a secretary so can't comment on that, but it sure is a lot easier getting up in the morning for work when there's a nice looking broad there.

It's a lot easier getting to sleep the night before if you are not worried about some horrible disaster happening because papers are not filed properly and deadlines are not properly noted up.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ed Anger

When I found the right secretary, I jealously defended her. I made sure she didn't get poached by other managers.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Malthus

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 11, 2010, 11:12:39 AM
When I found the right secretary, I jealously defended her. I made sure she didn't get poached by other managers.

Until recently, the small group I work with has had horrible secretary troubles - a succession of ladies who really were either crazy, drunk, or simply not up to the task.

We had two good secretaries, but one got too elderly to keep up and left for an easier practice, and the other quit.

Then we had one good secretary we got was nuts and ended up in a punching, hair-pulling battle royale with the other, not so good (but more sane) secretary. Both left.

Then there was the hispanic woman number one who was useless and had some physical disability that required long absenses. One day she disappeared and never came back.

Then there was hispanic woman number two, who had mysterious long absences from work, culminating in tearful phone messages, obviously drunk. She didn't last.

To be replaced by a poor Black lady just out of secretary school, who was as far as anyone could tell completely illiterate. She didn't last, either.   

Now we have a cougar of a secretary, very competent. Hope she lasts.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: garbon on February 11, 2010, 05:34:36 AM

She's afraid of law enforcement.

I nearly forgot!  :lol:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

derspiess

This weekend we get to borrow a friend's Mexican maid :punk:

I guess I better: stock up on lemon pledge.

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on February 10, 2010, 10:10:37 PM
Chipotle sucks and is a huge ripoff.  By this time next year, I'll have once again forgotten and will go back again.

Chipotle = awesomeness.  I don't care if it's not truly 100% authentic the-way-mexicans-eat-it food, but they use good ingredients and it is (unlike most real Mexican restaurants) very fresh.  I've heard the place dissed an awful lot, but never hear anything specific on why it was so 'bad'.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on February 11, 2010, 03:41:15 PM
This weekend we get to borrow a friend's Mexican maid :punk:

I guess I better: stock up on lemon pledge.

You are gonna get hooked on peons cleaning your bathrooms.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on February 11, 2010, 03:45:20 PM
Chipotle = awesomeness.  I don't care if it's not truly 100% authentic the-way-mexicans-eat-it food, but they use good ingredients and it is (unlike most real Mexican restaurants) very fresh.  I've heard the place dissed an awful lot, but never hear anything specific on why it was so 'bad'.
I ate there one time and it seemed exactly the same as every other burrito chain in the country.

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on February 11, 2010, 03:45:20 PM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on February 10, 2010, 10:10:37 PM
Chipotle sucks and is a huge ripoff.  By this time next year, I'll have once again forgotten and will go back again.

very high sodium in the food.

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 11, 2010, 04:04:15 PM
very high sodium in the food.

Good to know.  I'll keep that in mind when I'm in my 70s :P

Yi: I suppose it may depend on what type of burrito I get.  I always get a fajita burrito (with green peppers & onions), no beans, and with either chicken or steak, with green or red tomatillo salsa, lettuce, & cheese.  Have not found another burrito place or Mexican restaurant that can come close to Chipotle on that.