And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Hope you know how to haggle and barter.  :P

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Syt on October 22, 2015, 11:52:50 AM
Seems legit.

If they'd pick a slightly more official sounding ISP I bet they would have hooked you.

Malthus

I love getting grate news.  :) More monies for a new stove.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

DGuller

Good God, people are still doing a "Dear sir/madam:" greeting?

frunk

I've just discovered Science Made Stupid and Culture Made Stupid are available online for free.  Not as funny as remember from 30 years ago (as in I'm not a sixth grader anymore), but still a few funny moments.

Razgovory

Raz is in the basement no more.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

alfred russel

It is like a real life enactment of a portion of the allegory of the cave. :)
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Syt

So, apparently a Lenin statue in Odessa, Ukraine, has been remodeled into Darth Vader. :lol:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 17, 2015, 08:53:05 PM
If I felt better, I'd chat about the Peloponnesian War on here.  :hug:

Athens deserved what it got.

What is your reasoning here?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 23, 2015, 04:10:02 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on October 17, 2015, 08:53:05 PM
If I felt better, I'd chat about the Peloponnesian War on here.  :hug:

Athens deserved what it got.

What is your reasoning here?

No. What part of "if I felt better, I'd chat" don't you understand?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?