News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on May 08, 2015, 12:08:00 PM
The fundamental problem with gender dynamics is that you can ask just about anything but not for someone to adopt a better appearance. I don't get it. It would help me if people would shame me into running or dressing better.

The vast majority of the time you point out a problem with somebody's appearance, they already fucking know it.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

Quote from: Malthus on May 08, 2015, 12:35:24 PM
Heh, the administrative assistant who sits opposite my office (not, alas, the one I work with) is the MILF-yist MILF who ever MILFed.  :D Living proof that a woman with kids in her mid-40s can still be very hot indeed.

I get on very well with her, but would not dare to make personal remarks about her appearance. Though I think she would just laugh if I did.  ;)
My admin looks very good for someone in her late 50s/early 60s, but our relationship has always been totally professional.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on May 08, 2015, 12:00:19 PM
I've worked with most of my girls the whole ten years I've been here.  Pretty much everything gets discussed but I still keep my guard up to a certain degree.
I think part of this is probably a Southern thing.  People down here are often a bit too friendly.  I've obviously not spent as much time in Cinci as you but it basically seems culturally southern to me.

Caliga

...aaaand on a related note I just was informed someone is down a dress size.  ^_^

Ed Anger

I took a shit and I'm down a pants size.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Admiral Yi

Ed Anger

I also look good in a dress
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 08, 2015, 02:05:16 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on May 08, 2015, 12:08:00 PM
The fundamental problem with gender dynamics is that you can ask just about anything but not for someone to adopt a better appearance. I don't get it. It would help me if people would shame me into running or dressing better.

The vast majority of the time you point out a problem with somebody's appearance, they already fucking know it.
My bet is people are in general in denial about problems with their appearance, or at least the magnitude of it.

Valmy

Like vampires it is best for us to avoid mirrors.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

Quote from: Valmy on May 08, 2015, 03:26:03 PM
Mirror images still need to be interpreted by the brain, and that's where self-deception occurs.  I see a lot more hair on my head when I look in the mirror compared to when I look at a photo of myself.

Malthus

Quote from: DGuller on May 08, 2015, 03:35:58 PM
Mirror images still need to be interpreted by the brain, and that's where self-deception occurs.  I see a lot more hair on my head when I look in the mirror compared to when I look at a photo of myself.

Well, there is also the issue of being anxious about it. I'd probably be a lot more anxious about my appearance - and so prone to self-deception - if I was actively looking for partners, rather than being married for 20 years.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

Pfft.  I spend all day posting selfies.  Then I sit there and wait for the Likes and "OMG U R beautiful girl!!" comments.  My self-esteem is like 100% dependent upon that.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

You're a stunner Speesh.  Total knockout.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall