Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 29, 2014, 09:56:15 AM
Quote from: Jacob on October 29, 2014, 09:54:57 AM
Quote from: Tyr on October 29, 2014, 06:52:31 AM
A £15 plane ticket is nice but there is the problem of being in london at the end of it

London is a great city if you don't have a chip the size of a shut down coal mine on your shoulder.

Tyr is that unique snowflake rarely seen in the wild: the Self-Loathing Englishman.

:lol:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on October 29, 2014, 10:39:08 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 29, 2014, 09:56:15 AM
Quote from: Jacob on October 29, 2014, 09:54:57 AM
Quote from: Tyr on October 29, 2014, 06:52:31 AM
A £15 plane ticket is nice but there is the problem of being in london at the end of it

London is a great city if you don't have a chip the size of a shut down coal mine on your shoulder.

Tyr is that unique snowflake rarely seen in the wild: the Self-Loathing Englishman.

:lol:

Most Englishmen seem to be quite ok and confident about their Englishness. Not overly so, mind you, but I am not seeing any rampant self-loathing. Then again, my basis of comparison is Hungary.

The Brain

Quote from: celedhring on October 29, 2014, 09:57:33 AM
http://www.playbuzz.com/jasonb19/what-would-be-your-top-rank-in-a-militia

Private First Class, but then again I'm an Euro pussy.  -_-

Poor Performance. Your Not The Brightest Soldier But You Mean Well. Your Country Needs You To Step Up. Carry On Soldier
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Syt on October 29, 2014, 10:01:52 AM
1ST LIEUTENANT
Average Soldier. You Have Good Morales & Good Leadership Skills, But You Could Be More. Carry On Soldier

1st Lieutenant = average.  :lol:

Ditto.  I think not being the outdoorsy type hurt me.

The Brain

I am shocked, shocked, that Commies on POT are giving Stalin and Mao blowjobs.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on October 29, 2014, 10:52:23 AM
Quote from: Syt on October 29, 2014, 10:01:52 AM
1ST LIEUTENANT
Average Soldier. You Have Good Morales & Good Leadership Skills, But You Could Be More. Carry On Soldier

1st Lieutenant = average.  :lol:

Ditto.  I think not being the outdoorsy type hurt me.

Calling the pic of derspiess and his gun-nutty buddies in the woods a bunch of yahoos probably didn't help.

crazy canuck

QuotePoor Performance. Your Not The Brightest Soldier But You Mean Well. Your Country Needs You To Step Up. Carry On Soldier

There were some questions that just didnt apply.  For example, I couldnt answer it was the flag of my country or my symbol of liberty so I had to go with a piece of cloth.

In the next question picturing the Yahoos one option was people defending there (sic) country.  Obviously I couldnt pick the option with the obvious error.

In Question about the power being knocked out in the US they didnt have an answer which reflected what I would do - turn on my lights, go downstairs and watch on TV  :P

There was also a question which asked my view "As an American" so I had to go with undecided.

garbon

Does anyone know what the civilian military combine is? I am apparently now on their email list. :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tonitrus

If only the internets had sites for figuring out such things!  :P

garbon

Well I know what it says when I went to their website. I'm really unclear as to what this has to do with me.

garbon

Yay, my hybrid car battery died but it is under warranty and I won't have to pay for it. :w00t:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: garbon on October 29, 2014, 09:18:09 PM
Yay, my hybrid car battery died but it is under warranty and I won't have to pay for it. :w00t:

Might just need a jump.  Did you leave your lights on?

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 29, 2014, 09:19:53 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 29, 2014, 09:18:09 PM

Might just need a jump.  Did you leave your lights on?

Nah/I should have said "died" but rather "malfunctioning". Actually last year I had to get my regular car battery replaced as there was a period of time where car wouldn't start up even with a jump. However at that time they told me my hybrid battery was fine.

However, in the past year, it has been wonky in that display inside car would show hybrid battery not charged at all one minute, fully charged the next and then not charged a few minutes later - though after about an hour of driving would always stabilize and look normal. I had looked up at one point and it said that yeah this was a common problem with older Honda hybrids and that there was warranty but it was unclear on what cars were covered.

Also in past year, my check engine light has been going on randomly but then will also go off after driving a while. I need to get my car inspected and that's an automatic fail, so I took my car in last night to have them run diagnostic. Apparently this faulty battery was the reason why.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point