News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

For all you BK Stacker fans;  here at BK now, the supervisor said they're still on the menu, but a lot of people don't know it since all the ads and menus push the new line-up.

BK Stackers: alive!

DGuller

Eddie Teach

I had Burger King today. Bacon, egg and cheese croissanwich. :mmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

I tried the crawsamwish once and found it too greasy for my taste.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 02, 2014, 12:34:06 PM
I tried the crawsamwish once and found it too greasy for my taste.

Is that like a sandwich with little lobsters crawling out of it?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

So last weekend we took the kids to some Halloween-themed event.  Some woman was there with her three young kids and I guess to match the mood she was wearing some goofy t-shirt with a skeleton on it.  Thing is, the shirt said "WANNA BONE?"  I guess-- actually, I *hope* this lady was just that clueless. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

Or she figures it's ok because little kids don't get double entendres.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 02, 2014, 01:52:04 PM
Or she figures it's ok because little kids don't get double entendres.

Maybe, but I'd feel creepy wearing something like that to a kids' event.

Savonarola

There's an air show here in Melbourne this weekend.  Right now there are Thunderbirds (airplanes, not marionettes) practicing formations over our parking lot.  :cool:
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Admiral Yi

Right in the Blue Angels back yard.  Dis-re-spek.

derspiess

We allow the Blue Angels up this way.  RECIPROCITY

mongers

Worst phrase I've read in a book* in a long time:

"At some point, everybody behaves badly: it wasn't just the Nazis who forgot about ethics." :bleeding:

*  Braungart & McDonough. Cradle to Cradle
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josquius

Woops. Got home from work and fell right asleep in front of the TV. Just woke up at midnight and I'm active and ready to go
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Quote from: Tyr on October 02, 2014, 05:04:46 PM
Woops. Got home from work and fell right asleep in front of the TV. Just woke up at midnight and I'm active and ready to go

Well, your day is fucked. Embrace it.