News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 15, 2014, 10:49:21 PM
I hope he pisses in your building's doorway.

Meh, my whole block is covered nightly in piss and vomit. They bleached it all away before I live for work in the morning.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 15, 2014, 10:55:36 PM
Sounds like he's essentially a con artist though.

Nonsense.  That's 150 one dollar bills.  Over a 10-12 hour period, you could see thousands of people on the right corner.   Better that than smashing car windows all day for cell phones and CDs.

And being a good Christian to those less fortunate than ourselves ain't no con.  You cynical Jew.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 15, 2014, 11:01:38 PM

Nonsense.  That's 150 one dollar bills.  Over a 10-12 hour period, you could see thousands of people on the right corner.   Better that than smashing car windows all day for cell phones and CDs.

And being a good Christian to those less fortunate than ourselves ain't no con.  You cynical Jew.

Presumably he's talking about the whole deceiving women bit.

At any rate, it isn't really helping someone if you're just ostensibly hastening their demise by handing them money for their addiction. There are more choices in life than panhandling and smashing car windows.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 15, 2014, 11:01:38 PM

Dude, I try very hard to be a Good Christian(tm).  I'm definitely not as good as I can, or should be, but I try.

But I feel very comfortable in not giving money straight up to the homeless.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Let's hope you're never on a corner with a squeegie and a heroin habit.  :mad:

Tonitrus

If the women are sleeping with him, they probably want to be deceived.

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 15, 2014, 11:23:36 PM
Let's hope you're never on a corner with a squeegie and a heroin habit.  :mad:

Indeed.  There but for the grace of God go I.

And let us also hope that if I'm ever on the corner, squeegee in hand, that nobody gives me any money.

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on September 15, 2014, 11:33:47 PMIndeed.  There but for the grace of God go I.

And let us also hope that if I'm ever on the corner, squeegee in hand, that nobody gives me any money.

It's never difficult to find reasons not to be charitable that somehow make you morally superior to those who are.

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on September 15, 2014, 11:35:10 PM
Quote from: Barrister on September 15, 2014, 11:33:47 PMIndeed.  There but for the grace of God go I.

It's never difficult to find reasons not to be charitable that somehow make you morally superior to those who are.

I'm definitely not morally superior to the homeless.  Going back to the Christian theme, I'm as much a sinner as they are.

You perhaps forget that in my line of work I am exposed to the homeless in a nearly daily basis.  They all have their stories, and all are worthy of compassion.

CountDeMoney

But not worthy of a buck.

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 15, 2014, 11:50:22 PM
But not worthy of a buck.

Worthy of a buck?  Absolutely.

Putting a buck in their hand on the street corner?  Bad idea.

CountDeMoney

I would pee in your building's doorway right now if I could.

garbon

Why is Seedy so excited about panhandling?

MadImmortalMan

Everybody's good enough for some change.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

The Brain

If I ever beg in the street my money management skills are likely extremely poor. I hope people give money to some organizations that provide help to me instead of putting cash in my hand.

And can someone PLEASE send the fucking Romanian beggars that are EVERYWHERE in Sweden back to the shithole they crawled out of?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.