Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on May 27, 2014, 09:32:46 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 27, 2014, 09:26:21 AM
Quote from: Valmy on May 27, 2014, 08:29:46 AM
  Either that or Asian people really love theme parks for some reason.

They do.  They really, really do.

We don't have many Asians around here, but we seem to be accumulating muslims going by their representation our local theme park.

The Corn dogs are haram
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

God, I hate contractors.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadBurgerMaker

To continue the HR discussion:  Fucking HR here sent out a bunch of termination tickets to IMS over the weekend for people who are supposed to still be working here. 

OOPS YOU WERE FIRED ACCIDENTALLY AND YOUR ACCOUNT WAS TOTALLY DEACTIVATED HOPE YOU WEREN'T WORKING ON ANYTHING IMPORTANT!

derspiess

Back in the day I dated an girl whose ambition was to be in HR.  She was okay in small doses but got way annoying if you spent too much time with her.  So we got along better once we stopped dating.  Anyway, she achieved her dream and has been a "dedicated HR professional" for well over a decade.  Her Facebook posts alternate between "OMG I love putting together benefits packets" and "WOO GIRLS NITE" and pics of cupcakes she made.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

Quote from: derspiess on May 27, 2014, 10:43:55 AM
Back in the day I dated an girl whose ambition was to be in HR.  She was okay in small doses but got way annoying if you spent too much time with her.  So we got along better once we stopped dating.  Anyway, she achieved her dream and has been a "dedicated HR professional" for well over a decade.  Her Facebook posts alternate between "OMG I love putting together benefits packets" and "WOO GIRLS NITE" and pics of cupcakes she made.

can i have her digits
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

Sure.  1-302-555-1212.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

alfred russel

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on May 27, 2014, 10:56:05 AM
Sure.  1-302-555-1212.
Dude, COME ON. :rolleyes: 867-5309 is the perennial answer to that one. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DGuller

Quote from: Caliga on May 27, 2014, 12:12:12 PM
Sure.  1-302-555-1212.
Dude, COME ON. :rolleyes: 867-5309 is the perennial answer to that one. :cool:
:huh: That's a real phone number, I ran into a women who had that one.

Malthus

Sure.  1-302-555-1212.

I interpreted "digits" as meaning "fingers".
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

You really shouldn't be getting numbers off bathroom graffiti.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Hey, the interwebs didn't break whilst I was away today.  :cool:   :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on May 27, 2014, 10:43:55 AM
Her Facebook posts alternate between "OMG I love putting together benefits packets" and "WOO GIRLS NITE" and pics of cupcakes she made.

And yet, she may be one of the happiest, most contented people you know.

garbon

QuoteI didn't even know you could buy bus tickets ahead of time.
I thought you just showed up, and if you looked like you made enough mistakes in life, they let you on.

^_^
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney