News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: garbon on March 19, 2014, 01:35:15 PM
Or perhaps be allowed to pretend they have a disability without scorn/fear of getting a deserved beatdown. /I guess being allowed to do things like have a service dog?

If they want to hold dress-up parties in their houses where they pretend to be handicapped it's just another retarded affectation.  If they want to take seeing eye dogs into coffee shops, park in handicapped spots and impede sidewalks with crutches then it is a selfish, thoughtless, retarded affectation.

garbon

I don't know what they consider the right answers but apparently I'm a pro. There is some method though as I picked also what I thought were the opposite of what you should do and got a negative response.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mylestanzer/do-you-know-how-to-take-the-subway-like-a-real-new-yorker

I'm only surprised they didn't ask what is the proper reaction to "It's showtime".
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on March 19, 2014, 02:13:59 PM
I don't know what they consider the right answers but apparently I'm a pro. There is some method though as I picked also what I thought were the opposite of what you should do and got a negative response.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mylestanzer/do-you-know-how-to-take-the-subway-like-a-real-new-yorker

I'm only surprised they didn't ask what is the proper reaction to "It's showtime".
I'm a pro too. :yeah:

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on March 19, 2014, 02:13:59 PM

Apparently riding the LRT in Edmonton gave me the skills to be a pro in New York. :unsure:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Maladict

Can't remember if I've been on the subway in New York, but apparently I'm a pro.  :ph34r:

Eddie Teach

My subway skills were basic. I think I've ridden Marta twice.  :D
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Duque de Bragança

Seems very easy to be a pro according to this text. I was as well.

garbon

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on March 19, 2014, 03:47:22 PM
Seems very easy to be a pro according to this text. I was as well.

I think it really is just basic rules for public transportation. Sadly, when I look through those questions, a great many people fail them on a daily basis here.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Quote from: Valmy on March 19, 2014, 01:30:51 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 19, 2014, 01:22:11 PM
This has to be a spoof.

I totally buy it.  Hang out in the leftwing blogosphere (feminists and stuff not commies) for a bit.

Yep.  They trigger my desire to purge.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Sheilbh

Quote from: Valmy on March 19, 2014, 01:30:51 PM
I totally buy it.  Hang out in the leftwing blogosphere (feminists and stuff not commies) for a bit.  Plenty of well meaning people there but it can go down a self-indulgent rabbit hole pretty fast.  Any kind of socialization of any sort eventually gets associated with oppression.
Yeah.

I blame the internet.

It's like when that couple who wrote 'Let It Go' won their Oscar and said they wanted their child to grow up in a world without shame or fear. I wanted to say a few things in defence of shame and fear.
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Quote from: Ideologue on March 19, 2014, 04:00:46 PM

Yep.  They trigger my desire to purge.
Me too. Intersectional splitters <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

The budget was today and seemed to go well. Then the Tories decided to release this poster and the internet exploded in mockery, which is now the story :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

You have a tax on a publicly run lottery?  :huh:

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!