News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Because your apartment is small.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

So you get NYC-sized furniture. ^_^

Actually apart from my couch set, I have all my SF pieces.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Phillip V

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

Got a new garage door opener installed yesterday since the old one broke (gears stripped inside the motor or something).  It's a belt-driven unit and almost completely silent, and also I had the guy install a keypad opener on the outside so I can easily go in and out while doing yardwork. :cool:

The one weird thing is that I can't get it to sync with my car's homelink button.  The previous garage door synced up in like 10 seconds without any trouble whatsoever. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Grey Fox

Quote from: Caliga on September 26, 2013, 06:54:01 AM
Got a new garage door opener installed yesterday since the old one broke (gears stripped inside the motor or something).  It's a belt-driven unit and almost completely silent, and also I had the guy install a keypad opener on the outside so I can easily go in and out while doing yardwork. :cool:

The one weird thing is that I can't get it to sync with my car's homelink button.  The previous garage door synced up in like 10 seconds without any trouble whatsoever. :hmm:

You live in the middle of nowhere, do you really need to close your garage door when you are doing yardwork?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 26, 2013, 07:48:56 AM
Quote from: Caliga on September 26, 2013, 06:54:01 AM

You live in the middle of nowhere, do you really need to close your garage door when you are doing yardwork?

He does if he doesn't want critters in his garage. You ever try and dig possum out of your garage? Fuckers are tough.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

That's a good reason.

I've never seen a Possum outside of a zoo. The danger, here,  is to get a wolf in your garage(not really).
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Malthus

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 26, 2013, 08:08:59 AM
That's a good reason.

I've never seen a Possum outside of a zoo. The danger, here,  is to get a wolf in your garage(not really).

With global warming, the range of opossums has just extended northwards to Toronto. The first time I saw one on the street at night, I thought I was hallucinating a gigantic rat.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ed Anger

Best way to deal with a possum is a .38 round to its head.

CountDeMoney

Ed double taps them.  What with the playing dead trick.

Ed Anger

Those fuckers are tough. I should have used the shotgun.