And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 20, 2013, 01:48:23 PM
edit: Now I get it Wolfman.  :lol:

I wasn't sure if he meant the NYC connection as it seemed like an odd way to say it. :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 20, 2013, 01:43:01 PM
I used to go to subway each week. I am not an habit eater, I've had everything they had on the menu(back then, 6-8 years ago).

My favorite remains the Ostrich sandwich followed by the Taco sandwich.
:huh:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

derspiess

BEANER TRIPWIRE BEANER TRIPWIRE
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

And to answer your why GF, it's because it plays into the Subway (Metro) theme.  Next time if you look up from your nomnomnom you might see a NYC subway map on the wall.

Ideologue

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 20, 2013, 01:38:51 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on September 20, 2013, 01:35:23 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on September 20, 2013, 11:48:28 AM
go to Subway (recommend a subway)

Veggie Max sub, with provolone cheese, spinach, onions, olives, banana peppers, jalapeno peppers, regular mustard, brown mustard, salt, pepper, oregano.  Toasted.  Very delicious.  Have eaten three hundred or so in the past year.

Should we start calling you Jarrod?

I was never fat.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

derspiess

Oktoberfest starts in an hour :cheers:  :punk:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on September 20, 2013, 01:39:51 PM

Veggie Max sub, with provolone cheese, spinach, onions, olives, banana peppers, jalapeno peppers, regular mustard, brown mustard, salt, pepper, oregano.  Toasted.  Very delicious.  Have eaten three hundred or so in the past year.

I knew SC was low rent but man.

I know you only eat the caviar sub from Jersey Mike's.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Grey Fox

Quote from: katmai on September 20, 2013, 01:51:17 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on September 20, 2013, 01:43:01 PM
I used to go to subway each week. I am not an habit eater, I've had everything they had on the menu(back then, 6-8 years ago).

My favorite remains the Ostrich sandwich followed by the Taco sandwich.
:huh:

Ostrich was available for about half a year when I was young, something like 18 years ago.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ideologue

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 20, 2013, 01:48:23 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on September 20, 2013, 01:44:01 PM
Expensive Town Far more Expensive Town Transit.

Cold. :unsure:

I used to also love me the meatball sub (bombed with oregano) until I got one with nasty, fatty meatballs.  Since then I can't bring myself to play Subway roulette.

edit: Now I get it Wolfman.  :lol:

Meatball subs are pretty good, though they can be dicey, gastrointestinally.  I never got a bad-tasting one so as I recall.

Italian subs were choice in the days before I got religion.
Kinemalogue

derspiess

Ostrich/emu burgers rule.  Never had it any other way.  I'm guessing our faux-Mexican friend is confused about the "taco sandwich".

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on September 20, 2013, 01:57:45 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 20, 2013, 01:39:51 PM

I knew SC was low rent but man.

I know you only eat the caviar sub from Jersey Mike's.

I generally alternate, when having sandwiches, between Potbelly's and Panera.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Btw, didn't the Gauls invent brown mustard?
Kinemalogue

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on September 20, 2013, 02:01:11 PM

I don't know what a Potbelly's is, so I assume it's some sort of Brooklyny hipster nonsense.  I don't find Panera to be very good, and also a poor value.
Kinemalogue

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on September 20, 2013, 02:02:41 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 20, 2013, 02:01:11 PM

I don't know what a Potbelly's is, so I assume it's some sort of Brooklyny hipster nonsense.  I don't find Panera to be very good, and also a poor value.

Potbelly stems from Chicago. Panera is infinitely better than the blandness that is Subway.

merithyn

I'm a BMT on 9-grain with tomatoes, pickles, extra black olives, oil, vinegar, and all the spices kinda' gal, myself. :cool:

Yi, what does BMT stand for? I order it, but I have no clue what it means. :blush:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...